Games you would put on the PlayStation Classic

where CC was the headliner, iirc? Or was that the Mana title.

Maybe

• Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
  • Chrono Cross
  • Dragon Quest 7 (I never quite reached disc 2, the movie parts are shockingly bad, and and my sister got permanently stuck when a party member left with a shard, but I still have positive memories of this game.)
  • Final Fantasy 7 (“Off course.”)
  • Final Fantasy Tactics (“Where did we go astray?”)
  • Harmful Park
  • Harvest Moon
  • Incredible Crisis
  • Intelligent Qube
  • Jumping Flash 2 (I suppose I should try the first game, since it’s on several lists here.)
  • King’s Field (I need to continue my game. I love how even the first save point is well-hidden.)
  • Klonoa
  • LSD: Dream Emulator
  • Oddworld: Abe’s Exoddus
  • R-Type Delta
  • Silent Hill
  • Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo (It’s between this and Bust-a-Move 4.)
  • Tomb Raider (I never finished the game because I didn’t like constantly killing animals for no good reason, but I liked the puzzles and the swimming parts.)
  • Top Shop
  • Vib Ribbon (Even though it wouldn’t really work, as OneSecondBefore said.)
1 Like

also consider the 0th game, geograph seal on x68000

1 Like

given the architecture, the animals can be thought of as spirits of the tomb, and they are definitely trying to kill you first.

1 Like

Ape Escape
Irritating Stick

…what other games require analog hmmmmmmm

uh

Katamari Damacy Retro Style

The controllers the thing comes with don’t have analog sticks I believe, so I’m pretty sure Ape Escape is a no go.

A.IV Evolution: A-Ressha de Ikou 4
King’s Field
Battle Arena Toshinden
Cyberwar
Jumping Flash
Bogey Dead 6
Descent
Deception
Clock Tower
Jupiter Strike

1 Like

That's%20The%20Joke%20-%20Imgur

but to be fair i just briefly skimmed this threadso maybe someone else beat me to the joke

2 Likes

On the no analog front I’m surprised they went with RR Type 4 rather than an earlier entry.

Beyond the lack of analog, between the music and car companies, Gran Turismo is impossible, right?

Maybe Type 4 is the next best thing replacement so they opted for that rather than Rage Racer.

type 4 plays great with d-pad, probably better than the older ones, which as far as i’m concerned were designed around the negcon and don’t quite work as well with anything else

something about the way the handling changed which allows the d-pad to feel a bit more precise

don’t get me wrong, i grew up on d-pad with RRR, but now that i own a negcon it is apparent to me that nothing else is going to give you the full experience

also, side note, the jogcon is trash

I wish the negcon didn’t look so weird bc it’s a great idea. I guess accelerometers “replaced” the concept, but not really. Maybe someone can use the accelerometers in the JoyCons to emulate that.

games they did put on the Playstation Classic

• Battle Arena Toshinden
  • Cool Boarders 2
  • Destruction Derby
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Grand Theft Auto
  • Intelligent Qube
  • Jumping Flash
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Mr Driller
  • Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee
  • Rayman
  • Resident Evil Director’s Cut
  • Revelations: Persona
  • Ridge Racer Type 4
  • Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
  • Syphon Filter
  • Tekken 3
  • Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six
  • Twisted Metal
  • Wild Arms

39_12102018_054627_0704

7 Likes

Seriously, though, how the did Revelations: Persona get in there? I think it’s rad, but I wouldn’t recommend it to most people.

Fuck off, Wild ARMs! Nix it for Suikoden 1, which IS an RPG I would recommend. I think the first Suikoden would’ve been a perfect RPG for it, it’d be a really good entry-point for people wanting to try older PSX RPGs without being frustrated too much. It has that 1995/1996 aesthetic, it’s all sprites so it aged fairly well, you’re collecting a bunch of people to build up your castle and a lot of them can join your party so you have that collecting shit people love, the music still ranks among the best in the franchise (and the instruments sound real!, vs like, FFVII’s BWONK BWONK BWONK), you can recruit the bad guys, and you can beat it in ~20 hours. Wild ARMs just has a radical soundtrack going for it.

3 Likes

yeah i fuckin’ love the first suikoden, it’s so charming and blue skies

1 Like

of all the ps1 rpgs that everyone played, wild arms is probably the worst

1 Like

I dunno, Beyond The Beyond was pretty bad

yeah, but hardly anyone played it

1 Like

92_29102018_153218_0631

5 Likes

I swore MGS required the dual shock.

1 Like