Omega Boost(?) - Pre Gran Turismo PD.
The SQEX 2K Summer-lineup that devs can only dream about nowadays
98.2% GT2 for the world
and some other more or less mainstream/obscure shit.
Bloody Roar 2
Tobal No 2
Front Mission 3
Tales of Destiny
Any of the Mega Man Legends trio
Gundam Battle Assault 2
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
Dino Crisis 2
Adventures of Little Ralph
Legend of Dragoon
Hard question but I at least know I would never put Wild Arms 1 on it
Chrono Cross is missing from all these lists
same, other than the awesome intro, it’s not a very good game. it’s like the most basic snes rpg, but with 3d models in the battles
denki groove jigoku v is the predecessor to work time fun/baito hell 2000, instead of working and buying trinkets and more part time jobs like in WTF, you buy records that have samples on them and then you make techno music. that’s like a full realization of all the playstation 1 marketing campaigns. work to live, live to play. death to warioware
psx classixxx jam packed w/ smash hits and glorious misses
- thousand arms (My Horny Atlus Jrpg :: truly the most formative of experiences for a young sprite)
- bushido blade (squaresoft experimental peak no.1)
- vagrant story (squaresoft experimental peak no.2)
- alundra (working designs localization - how in the world has this not been mentioned in bold yet. Here I’ll do it for you PLAY ALUNDRA)
- bloody roar (2) (irresistibly trashy furry fightan also im gay)
- r-type delta (shootan equivalent of a really great k-hole)
- fear effect (incredible, also nigh unplayable)
- shadow tower (an experience only elevated by the narcotic jittering of textures)
- armored core (birth of a legend)
- tenchu (the ninja simulator we deserve)
- tron bonne (a servbot for every need or want ;-; come back tron)
- tony hawk 2 (mom, dad… I was in the AFI fanclub ;-; )
- nuclear strike (game is awful, has gloriously overdone live action FMVs—I dare you to look up a long-play. Buckle up.)
- jade cocoon (utterly gorgeous ghibli art :: sweet, understated and curious pokemon clone :: shits the bed so hard in the second half :: tank controls for no discernible reason)
- FF VIII (pls break this multi-million dollar video game :: what kind of lesbian r u? tag yrself im rinoa)
- wu tang shaolin style (man I thought I was so cool when I got this off of ebay)
- xenogears (my mom worked at Sony and got me a copy of this for five dollars…how little she knew what she hath wrought :: basically the holy mountain of square JRPG :: wonderfully, preciously unfinished)
- ridge racer (legit)
- tekken 3 (also legit)
- …alright, dino crisis it is… my benzos are kicking in
bonus hidden soft: LSD (aka This Weed Is Pretty Good)
all japan pro wrestling king’s soul
buggy, unfinished suikoden 2 translation
resident evil 2
dino crisis 2
star ocean 2
king’s field 2 (not 3)
Metal Gear Solid VR Missions
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2
Pet in TV
Parrapa The Rapper
Um Jammer Lammy
Mega Man Legends
Crash Team Racing
Rival Schools United By Fate
Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit
all lists without I.Q.: invalid
Oh dang I didn’t even notice this thread sorry swarm. Please post your novelty lists in my thread.
Proof nobody leaves the axe!!!
My novelty list was just going to be Simple 1500 and Net Yaroze games.
Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
CTR: Crash Team Racing
Die Hard Trilogy
Fighting Force 2
Heart of Darkness
LSD: Dream Emulator
Resident Evil: Director’s Cut
Spyro the Dragon
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2
Twisted Metal 2
Kagero Deception II
Ghost in the Shell
Metal Gear Solid
Resident Evil Director’s Cut
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure
Mega Man Legends
Are the Capcom and Saturn ports really that bad on PS1? I know the VS games don’t work right but there are a lot of them. Or is it really just an argument of small differences that you would never notice in actually playing.
the vs games are garbage, and street fighter alpha 3 is missing a bunch of features, but otherwise, they’re fine.
even sfa3 was good enough at the time, until the dreamcast version came out (unless you were able to play the saturn version back then)
there’s some little things like how the intro in the playstation version of sfa2 is a prerecorded fmv of the arcade version’s instead of just being ingame graphics like it is on saturn, but yeah, it’s not a noticable difference.
What’s Alpha 3 missing? Word on the street back when was it was just a couple Zangief animation frames.
lots of animations (though most of them are just things like intro/win poses)
in dramatic battle mode, player 2 has to be player 1’s preapproved partner
other stuff i can’t remember, though i’m sure there was more
i just know that when i got the dreamcast version a few years later, it felt like the lap of luxury in comparision
Yeah, I played the shit out of the ps1 SFA3, and then the DC one was like “oh, so this is what that was supposed to be? huh.”
Oh yeah, I forgot about the non arcade extras like dramatic battle.
I know it’s compromised in different ways, but I’m still amazed by the GBA port.