Games You Played Today The Nonbiri Express '09 (Galaxie ((500×2)−1)) 9小時9人9ゲーム LOOK I MADE IT LONGER: The Power of One

FEAR is like a lot of games where the final act upends a lot of the game’s systems in favor of something with more exposition in order to get the rest of the plot out of the way and explained, get the player out of the Final Forbidden Zone, and set up the squeakwel. We learn some really unpleasant stuff about Project Origin!

Because it’s lifting more than a few things from Akira we get…THE AKIRA FUNICULAR YEAH BAYBEE YEAHH. i got stuck in one right at the end because I’m pretty sure the game bugged out with the lateral movement and the game needed a last minute fix, so it just sticks you in place while it moves.

Anyway you go to the basement, blow up a few things, then spooky guys come out of the dark to attack me. They come out of The Void so they can spawn anywhere, but mostly in front of you. The enemy encounters that made up the majority of the game are gone now. And these ghosts go down in one hit, but they do a bunch of damage, but we have enough health kits to survive so… this final sprint is a bit of a downer. Which sucks because by this point in the game you get a high speed grenade launcher, bug zappers, and rocket launchers. You can’t really use them. Worse is that using the shotgun against the spooky guys sorta is suboptimal, but the game gives you pistols, but you can’t really dome anyone with them.

Like, a lot of games this happens, the final encounter is just Enemy Type Hard Hard but like 10 of them and by then you’ve figured out most of the moves so it doesn’t feel like a Final Challenge.

Towards the very end there’s one final Flashback scene and it turns out the Psychic Girl is your mom? and she’s slowly shuffling towards you, and in most of the game I haven’t shot at her because i’m like “clearly this is someone who’s been through shit and would have already killed me AND is a victim so i’m not going to shoot” but then she ran at me and I died over and over, so I looked up a gameFAQ and you HAVE to shoot your mom! what the fuck!

anyway nice day out, i’m sure nothing bad will happen

oh

ANOTHER HELICOPTER RIDE I’M SURE THIS ONE WON’T CRASH LIKE THE LAST 5 HELICOPTER RIDES IN THIS GAME, CERTAINLY NOT AS A FRAMING DEVICE TO FEAR: EXTRACTION POINT. Thank you again for the key @Grandpa I had a gay old time

13 Likes