Games You Played Today ##RELOAD

also you have a dedicated “swing weapon” button that you need to use in only one part of the game

2 Likes

cough titman is a cult classic

Good god what a loser.

ive never liked anime char designs but i actually rly like this

is it representative of guilty gear in general? or does it get all wacky, little girls in robot exosuits and junk

isn’t gg the one with the girl dressed in bandages with a big key through her head and also a giant animate key as like, a weapon or something?

oh. yeah this sounds familiar

NEVER MIND

A lot of Guilty Gear designs are goofy. Some of them are pretty cool, like Slayer, Axl, or Johnny, and then you have characters like Dizzy who doesn’t wear pants

dizzy is basically the classic moeblob oppai innocent girl afaict? great design, no tropes there

faust owns tho, one eye hole in a paper bag, lol

2 Likes

Yeah Dizzy doesn’t have much meat on her character

at least she has nice hair tho

2 Likes

Yes, but

2 Likes

Been playing Anodyne, which I was convinced to buy because of this tweet:

It’s an interesting game! I’m used to games like these beating me over the head with “It’s all an illusion” or whatever the message is. Anodyne seems to prefer being dreamlike and slightly strange all the time. It’s a welcome change.

There’s still a bit of the “ur playing a video game lol” stuff going on but it’s more subtle than I’m used to.

Also, the dungeons and stuff are pretty neat - easy without being trivial, and I’ve only been stuck a handful of times.

I can feel myself easing into the middle to endgame and it’s pretty exciting - the game is getting stranger with time, and I’m all for it. It’s inspiring.

4 Likes

Gotten in a ways in to the new Shovel Knight addition. I don’t think I like how Specter Knight handles as much compared to the previous two characters and all the death pits involved in using his slash leap thing.

It’s good that instead of repeating Plague Knight’s thing of navigating the old levels in a new way they just heavily rebuilt the levels here entirely, and the remixed versions of the stage themes helps spruce things up too.

i’ve loaded this up a few times and only ever bounced off it- it all feels a little too kitsch and on the nose at first, which is a shame, because i was pretty excited to give it a go at first. maybe i’ll try again.

i’ve been kind of thinking recently that if i had to introduce anyone to the zelda series i would get them to play for the frog the bell tolls and oikospiel- maybe anodyne cld round that zelda-notzelda triad out.

1 Like

Currently attempting level 8 in Snake Pass and I think this might be a solid contender for game of the year. Will definitely make my top 5. I hope they release some more levels as DLC because I will buy them in a heartbeat.

I looked up Sumo Digital to see what else they’re doing at the moment and apparently they’re working on Crackdown 3. I was already interested in Crackdown 3 but now I’m really really interested.

Snake Pass looks like somebody took Noby Noby Boy and made a PS1 platformer out of it.

must have

Am I crazy? Or is Gunstar Super Heroes the best game Treasure has ever made? The amount of modes of action in this game really begs the question whether there is anything else like it out there.

Remarkable stuff.

2 Likes

it’s not even their best game boy advance game! It might be their worst! I do adore all the Sega homages though

While I was waiting for the Japanese language track to download before my playthrough of Persona 5 began, I put about two hours into Dishonored 2 because of the free demo. I may have reversed my decision not to play the latter, so I guess the strategy worked!

I wasn’t entirely impressed with dishonored 2 at the end of the day – though I also fundamentally dislike a lot of the codified design elements in immersive sims, specifically how they’re all first-person stealth games which I have always found to be a miserable combination and how they all only ever have hitman objectives without being as much fun or as well-realized as hitman, which is also why I was able to get excited about new zelda.

arguably those first three levels are sufficient though unless you want to get really good at speedrunning it (in which case it is awesomely, beautifully broken, but completely unappealing to me to actually play)