Games You Played Today Oratorio Tangram

ridge racer 3ds is a pretty feel good game until the rubber banding gets too silly. worth the $10 it goes for, for sure

I just feel like there’s no market for something as fictional as Ridge Racer. Hell, even edgy arcade racers like NFS don’t do anything for peepz anymore.

It’s wasn’t necessarily Ridge Racer everyone was laughing at. It was the whole presser.

Poor Ridge Racer just got caught in the crossfire.

Do any racers do any real business anymore? GT and Forza et al are pretty much fighting games or shmups in terms of their audience these days.

I mean, the last GT game (GT6) sold five million copies, which admittedly is only a third of the series peak with GT3, but is still well about the 10,000 copies most shmups sell. As of August, SF5 has sold 1.7 mill, so still beating those too. MS thinks Forza sells well enough, as they keep pushing it as one of their flagship games, behind Halo and Gears, and the last main series (Forza 6) came out at about 2 million in sales, and the last Horizon game was 2.5 mill.

So I think GT and Forza are doing fine in terms of audience. I don’t really know how exactly, but yeah.

That’s crazy. Who is buying these games. I never hear about them at all.

I am pretty sure there is a sizeable amount of people who buy a console only for Gran Turismo or Forza.

1 Like

I played the last Flatout game, ya’ll. It’s me.

1 Like

There’s gotta be significant overlap with the Madden crowd

dirt 4 has the twin peaks sheriff station and mill as a track so that is the best racing series in my opinion

2 Likes

In Europe there is, only it’s FIFA

I purchased the Strikers 1945 emu port for Switch after hoping and then confirming that it supported display rotation in portable mode.

After getting it running I came to the realization that there’s no way to play with one of the joycons docked on a single side, sadly. The Switch automatically switches the control scheme from horizontal mini-control mode to the vertical-half wiimote style once you snap it onto the side of the console. Games could get around this by allowing you to use the right-side stick for control and rotating the inputs (it actually does, slightly infuriatingly, have a config option for rotating the directional inputs, but with no way to remap the ‘dpad’ buttons on the left joycon for input) , or just allowing you to remap everything manually.

My smooth hotfix is to run the left joycon in horizontal control mode and slide it on just far enough to not trigger the console. Good enough, bring on the ports. Gunbarich is also released by the same devs, and the Namco Museum version also has tate support, interested to see how they’re handling it, but is Thirty Schmackos.

Are there any commercially released vertical shmups originally designed for vertical 16:9 displays?

1 Like

I am getting so many GPU driver crashes when games lose focus lately

but I also just had to downgrade drivers because the one windows update gave me made my goddamn twitter app start trying to gsync

it’s like you’re not supposed to run a 275w overclocked GPU in an ITX case or something :frowning:

my friend lent me dragon quest buiilders and it’s really cute.

i wish there was a way to make console minecraft look this good

3 Likes

the way divinity original sin 2 keeps going I keep thinking I downloaded the early access version by mistake

go on

like I keep killing people but then they keep reappearing. I killed the lizard guy on the boat at the beginning then he appeared alive on the island so I killed him again. I had a job to assassinate the pope guy, then after I did that he appeared alive on the boat. then the boat was sent through the ethereal realm or whatever and everybody but me a couple other on it were killed all the sudden I guess? except one of the guys who was on the boat is at a farm now and he seems fine. Is the pope guy still dead? what the hell? was I supposed to kill him while he was unconscious on the boat? I just want some clarity on the status of the pope guy. it seems like it was supposed to be some big showdown for my character. and some quests didn’t seem to ever finish despite me doing everything there was to do. and the way it opened on the boat seeming like you were going to have a murder mystery quest to start the game out but then you just walk down the hall and the murderer is standing right there copping to it and the boat immediately starts sinking. also it seems like a lot of times if people come up and ask you to do something or make a choice and you don’t do it right away that option is gone for good. weird halfassed things like that.

Have you played R4: Ridge Racer Type 4? I played it a few years ago after reading it had a sort of story mode, and really enjoyed it. Story modes and racing/drifting for love (OutRun!) are two things I like to see in racing games.

37479-Ridge_Racer_Type_4_[U]-3

You look great, too, Sophie… :heartpulse:

8 Likes

yeah the prologue was odd I guess

this whole post looks great, what a great avatar and a great looking game

1 Like