Games You Played Today Oratorio Tangram

ed

1 Like

Itā€™s a branch of GZDoom; just download the installer, run it from the .bat script it adds (or read the config and launch vr manually on start); it should find all your .wads and just work.

I had to use CVAR ā€œvr_floor_offset -1.5ā€ to get an appropriate height on Vive; it might be different on Rift (this can be saved in the config file it uses).

I had no music from the default sound driver (fluidsynth) until I patched it in with: http://www.moddb.com/games/doom/downloads/audiopack-for-zdoom-and-gzdoom

Also: I played with the brightness and contrast until I got dark hallways real dark, so I can make out imps but only by squinting. This rules! and itā€™s the closest Iā€™ve gotten to being scared by traditional Doom, ever. Monster closets are great jump scares now.

1 Like

no, like poland

2 Likes

I was using a 360 controller (mappings similar to the 360 port: left trigger to run, right trigger to shoot, strafe on left-stick, turn on right-stick). The input mapper is pretty good on GZDoom. For Hexen I put look up/down on right stick with a huge deadzone, and view reset to right-stick-click, so I can mostly ignore up/down (lack of mouselook is a key feature of Doom-likes for me).

Looks like theyā€™re working on adding the motion controls but I donā€™t know what thatā€™d add.

i know iā€™m just uh what do the kids call it

shitposting??? maybe iā€™m doing it wrong

1 Like
3 Likes

Trying to learn Puyo Puyo makes me feel so dumb. Dumber than Iā€™ve ever felt. I think feeling so completely lost has been a valuable experience and if I can just get a teenyb it goodā€¦I think then Iā€™ll truly believe I can do anything.

3 Likes

one of the best things about puyo though is itā€™s still very satisfying to be medium good and take intuitive risks

2 Likes

uncharted gaiden is pleasant enough

nadine likes monkeys and says I run around like a madwoman in combat and probably shouldnā€™t have worn a red shirt for this scenario?

I wonder if she says the thing about running around like mad if you donā€™t spend half your shooting times swinging from tree branches

I think Iā€™d rather have played this than full-fat UC4 but unlike the new dishonored for which that also is looking to be the case they donā€™t seem to have actually added anything to make it worth playing despite being kind of lukewarm on the previous release

Iā€™ll probably be skipping the mainline numbered installment for the sidestory myself, I like Nate and all but new characters on new adventures sounds like a good time.

Did UC4 have a supernatural twist? I was curious what it was going to wind up being.

UC4 was ā€¦ really overlong and retconned some dumb stuff and was about growing up and being a dad

it was pretty terrible as a whole. like watching a judd apatow edit of crystal skull. individual bits were basically good though

1 Like

Iā€™m at the point in Puyo where I can make chains but just dropping things as fast as I can into groups of three tends to get me better results. Itā€™s like the equivalent of when you first start to learn fighting games but mashing is still the only way you win :frowning:

3 Likes

I liked it. My wife liked it enough to insist that I only play it with her around. Thatā€™s pretty remarkable.

1 Like

Lost Legacy is relatively punchy ( you start mid job; no humdrum home life simulator lead up) and the stealth/combat scenarios are probably the most complex and interesting the series has had and the leads are charming together in that easy Uncharted way few other vidcons can pull.

I mean, itā€™s still an Uncharted.

You can pick up a Norinco assault rifle and pretend youā€™re Kane and/or Lynch.

I guess Nadine would be the distaff Kane, as a mercenary.

Sorry Chloe ur the

2 Likes

the twist was that guybrush threepwood exists in the uncharted universe

7 Likes

I like that this new one literally has a treasure at the end of a rainbow

3 Likes

The instigating event for the finale is sort of forced but the setpiece is a nice melange of a three (3!) previous Uncharted highs + standard sneakshoots in a pretty amazingly seamless package.

I like Chloe and Nadine together better than Drake, after spending so much time with him. Then I always like Elena more than him, too.

the credits are cute

(spoilers?!)

1 Like

The dialogue between Nate and Elena at the end of 2 might have powered my goodwill for all the rest of all the games.

2 Likes