Games You Played Today Oratorio Tangram

The Covetous Demon is, like, a thousand times easier than the boss run to him.

That’s the explicit philosophy of many of the Demon’s Souls bosses. That game has you do insanely long runs (e.g. 4-2 and 5-2) and caps them off with a boss, which is terrifying but usually to your relief proves to be no problem. But by Bloodborne/DkS3 that kind of boss was mostly abolished, and at the same time bonfires were moved closer to the boss room. It’s a shame, I think it creates good variety in pacing and type of challenge.

3 Likes

I tried to play Hanabi FANTAST for the Ps1. Oh hey a fun game where I make fireworks terrific. It starts with a father figure dying of cancer. I turned it off and now will play OVERBLOOD.

That’s the Japanese name for Loaded. Known to me through being on like 3 covers of Gamepro in the early PS1 days.

1 Like

i thought loaded’s jp name was BLOOD FACTORY, and overblood was a different, though very similar game?

1 Like

Update this is not Loaded

1 Like

Programmed by Hino of Level 5. Huh. I don’t think I can play this without a buddy to stare at it.

I mean, if it can wait a few months…

1 Like

I just got into Snexploration (It’s great, big thanks to the team) and it made me want to try Earthbound again -
This time with no healing / offense psi to make all the weird items and status magic shine more.

I am in Peaceful Valley and this is hell but enjoyable. I am afraid I had to do the unthinkable and give both the For Sale sign and the bicycle to Escargo Express because inventory space is seriously lacking and I need burgers, pizza, cold medicine and teddy bears

I am afraid to say that condiments are still useless so far: I could get one burger and one ketchup packet, at the risk of ruining my one precious pizza by spreading ketchup all over it. Or I could just get two burgers, which would be way more convenient for just 10 more dollars. Hmmm.

I am at least happy the game doesn’t suggest putting ketchup on pizza is good - a lesser game definitely would have. Why, though, does the banana go well with cream and not cocoa? This makes no sense

I like this game a lot more as an adult. Is this weird?

7 Likes

Popping in to let everyone know that Hollow Knight is the best metroidvania I’ve played in over a decade. These days I thought Soulsborne games were the only ones capable of totally sucking me in completely, but Hollow Knight is right up there with them.

You’re going to think I’m crazy, but: It’s better than Symphony of the Night.

And at least as good as Super Metroid.

I didn’t believe it myself at first, but the more of the game I play the more entranced I am by it.

7 Likes

It’s definitely a grower.

4 Likes

4 Likes

H-how

2 Likes

been playing dead rising, as i got it in that sega/capcom/playstation humble bundle a few months ago. i was enjoying it, but the repetition eventually got to me. then i realised that tokyo jungle does the same thing this does, but it does it a lot better.
also dead rising’s stats screen shows exactly how much each of your stats can go up, and exactly how many skills there are to unlock. the whole game is so obviously built around playing and dying over and over until you’ve reached max level. just give me those stats from the start instead of wasting my time, augh!

when are they gonna port tokyo jungle to ps4? ;_; or vita, even (lol)

2 Likes

I have Witchered twice, and have begun Witching a third time.

The jump in quality between these games is absolutely remarkable, especially when they retain the same atmosphere and feel.

Wither 3 is just about the biggest goddamn game I’ve ever played, it just keeps going. How did they afford this.

3 Likes

Yeah CD Project Red must be among the most efficient workers in the industry. Only Digital Extremes, the Warframe devs, remind me of them. But the latter have the benefit of microtransactions. I don’t know how CDPR did it

aren’t they heavily subsidised by the polish government, since they’re poland’s biggest cultural export?

does robert lewandoski count tho

don’t CDProjekt own GOG? Maybe they can fund their games through profits made on that platform? (I don’t actually know how this stuff works)

wow i had no idea