Games You Played Today Oratorio Tangram

I spent some time troubleshooting my outdated machine’s Steam streaming performance and had a little baby breakthrough after realizing I could re-enable the Intel iGPU in the bios, connect one of my monitors to it and then have Steam use it just for hardware video encoding instead of trying and failing to use the very outdated ATI card I have in there.

Should be good enough for now until upgrading to a newer ATI now that CRT_emudriver has supported the more modern models (and Windows 10, a project for another day) for a couple years now.

It’s running acceptable for adventure-y stuff but I think next I will either try to experiment with powerline ethernet adapters, upgrading to a wireless AC from the N card currently installed, or trying to run like 100 feet of ethernet cable along the ceiling with staples?

I wonder if you could get a hack-y workaround with a dummy hdmi plug or software to spoof an additional monitor, if you’ve got a free port, and set big picture mode to output to it. It’ll still takeover as primary, which I guess is kind of a necessary evil with how most pc games don’t handle multiple monitors well, and would prob. be annoying to try to do desktop stuff while it was running.

I just got the Steam Link in today, as well, and it lets me control the menus with the dpad on the DS4 I have hooked up, and I think I was also able to control big picture on the host with its keyboard (though didn’t try controlling from a gamepad on both ends) while streaming.

I also booted up the GeForce Now beta again, for a few minutes, on my wife’s Macbook Air and that thing is still amazing to me, it works very well; I could see paying for this if I had real interest in contemporary big graphics games. I stumbled onto the fact that, contrary to what they advertise, you can seemingly install anything you own on Steam onto their virtual machine - not just the stuff they have listed in their client. Tried the FF15 demo and SF4, runs noticeably better than Steam streaming over wifi.

1 Like

little bit more playable than KoDP so far and the writing and art are lovely

3 Likes

pokemon quest is somehow my favorite pokemon game of recent memory

I just want to be able to do more things with my pokemon in a mainline game but as far as pokemon-where-90%-of-the-systems-are-combat-oriented games go this is not bad!

just let me watch my little friends beat up other pokemon I don’t really need input on it

and then they hang out at my home base that’s fun

Can’t wait for this to come out on some hardware I actually have. Too bad its 6 months.

I am absolutely loving Tekken 7

7 Likes

As you should! It’s great

1 Like

I just learned about this game’s existence and I think I’m going to get a PSVR now.

It seems like the GT Sport bundles go for the cheapest other than just the loose no-wire headset listings, but I had underestimated the cost of getting the move wands (though I think this Ultrawings game, GT:Sport and Wipeout are the only standout things I’d like to play, none requiring the Moves; RE7 too scary+gross) seems like $50 is the cheapest you’ll easily find a pair of those.

Guy on CL agreed on $130 but didn’t want to drive out to meet me, not feeling spending two hours in traffic out and back to the suburbs with no AC + 95degF. Search continues.

Chill non-sim plane games is a genre I would like to see more of.

3 Likes

jesus that plane’s dash is so minimal

picturing a cockpit with a single toggle switch labelled “Fly: yes/no”

5 Likes

Goddamn the Berserk in NOOM is ridiculous.

how do people figure out their pokemon teams and keep em balanced? i almost always get like 5 attackers and a hm user

I love how when I run siege I get 3 different overlay prompts between Steam, Uplay, and Nvidia and they’re all in a different corner because they’re hardcoded to know about each other

It’s like the IE6 toolbars of fullscreen 3D applications

3 Likes

Is it me, or does Bloodborne’s Castle Cainhurst roof sections take a bit of influence from Castle of Caligostro’s roof sequences?

1 Like

entirely likely, since Castlevania overtly referenced Cagliostro and Cainhurst feels in some ways like an homage to the Castlevania series. (a bit more so than Soulsborne games overall. There are more specific and more frequent references in Cainhurst)

1 Like

I bought Nioh on Steam to try it out a little on Geforce Now and then refund but oops I played for four hours straight. Looks nice compared to the ‘performance’ mode on reg. PS4.

1 Like

This is the prettiest fighting game I've ever played.

4 Likes

this looks delightful, is there a way to play vr games without vr

yo Superhot VR is sort of life-changing

5 Likes

has anyone played Superhot VR without move controllers? I’ve got the headset, is it gonna be worth getting them just for this? (it probably is going to be worth it)

I can’t imagine it even supports regular controllers, it wouldn’t work

Speaking of VR I’m pumped for Outer Wilds and Vox Mechina or whatever that mech game is called