Games You Played Today Oratorio Tangram

I love the Gust Jar from it a whole lot and if I had the skill, time and drive I would make a romhack where it’s your only item. They found just enough ways to keep using that item in different situations that it’s one of the only things I remember about the game strongly. I think about it damn near any time I think about anything even vaguely Zelda related

That and the Sky Manta boss. I thought that was a fun fight. The rest I suppose is pretty rote.

2 Likes

it is fuckin wild how little i remember about minish cap

i remember more about the one with the train

1 Like

Damn it felix, I thought “ah, I can just skip 2, 1 wasn’t so good I want more of the same” but you’re really selling it

I bought Slay the Spire today and I’m going to play that and totally not feel like playing a CRPG because I play dnd in real life all the time. Yes. That’s how it works. Definitely.

Red I think?

I chose to kill them all. I mean, the center choice seemed to be positioned as the theoretical best one, but I spent three games talking about killing them, watched my planet be borderline wiped out and basically spent the entirety of the game in a desperate attempt to avoid galactic genocide at their hands, choosing to not kill them felt like it’d betray my character.

I needed something smaller and shorter after that so I’m finally giving Gunpoint a shot. It is a neat little thing I am bad at, oddly I feel like its dialogue options do a better job of letting me be a wiseass dick than Mass Effect somehow.

2 Likes

Who is responsible for this

Slay the Spire is pretty fun, though I’ve only gone through one map so far

5 Likes

I started the Wii version of FFIV: The After Years last night. Outside of the cast, I didn’t expect it to lean so heavily on the original game (my favorite Final Fantasy), but here it is having you revisit exact dungeon and town maps. A lot of the early fights are legitimately tense too, which is not something I usually associate with turn based JRPGs.

1 Like

i’ve committed almost 500 hours into rainbow six siege.

help me.

3 Likes

I wonder if you’re going to enjoy it. From what I’ve heard it’s grindy bullshit, mostly. Here’s hoping though

1 Like

The first hour and a half is a bit of a whirlwind, so it hasn’t really presented that side of itself soon. But with the promised bonus dungeons or whatever, that’s sure to be a thing.

I spent my early teens getting 16 economizers and teaching everyone Ultima in 6, so I guess I’m ready to deal with some of that. But then again, the last two JRPGs I played were Persona 3 and Xenogears, both on release, and that long break was due to burn out.

I’m treating this as inspiration to finally get serious with RPG Maker, so hopefully it’s not a bad influence.

2 Likes

that’s good, inspiration is good! yeah, hopefully you’ll want to make something.

2 Likes

i’m playing through Devil May Cry 3 for the first time! actually it’s straight-up my first DMC game! i’ve owned a copy of it for, jeez like 5+ years but my previous attempts at it bounced hard. Since then i’ve played the later Souls games and gotten more receptive to fast-paced character action

And, i mean, it’s fun!! You probably don’t need me to tell you that. Having also played Resident Evil since, it’s weird to see its roots present in the fixed-ish camera and simple “exploration”. Naturally, i got high scores on the first mission and they’ve steadily gotten worse on subsequent ones. Sticking with Trickster style for now unless anyone has suggestions.

Also, i only knew Dante from SMT3: Nocturne in which he was a weirdly out-of-place “badass” who i never really cared for. He still does badass shit in this game, but is also kind of a dork, and i appreciate that.

edit: Oh and Lady is really cool and i wish i could play as her, even though i like Dante

2 Likes

trickster all the way imho

I should play DMC3 again but I heard the Steam port sucks…

I have a lighting and music replacement mod sitting around for the PC version

2 Likes

Meanwhile i’m playing the original release on PS2 on a little LG TV and it looks warped and stretched and weird. (i dig it actually, would play it on a CRT if i had one)

There’s a new PC port dropping any minute.

1 Like

when someone finally gets serious with rpg maker which version of rpg maker are they using

2 Likes

97 baybee

3 Likes

I wish!

Since I imagine I’ll do lots of this in bed, I’m stuck with running the newest one under Linux on my laptop. Unless the old ones are running well under Wine these days.

I guess play The Silver Case if you want to read a bunch of foul-mouth sexist asshole detectives solve murders.

:dancepig:

There is already the player-as-mute-insert character so 90% chance they pull up You’re Playing A Video Game.

Good thing they dismissed the one female detective (who is only on the force because her daddy’s mayor obviously) because she complained about the behavior of her partner.

Yeesh this game really doesn’t have anything going for it.

DMC4: SE has exclusive Lady and Trish modes…and Nero (still)

1 Like