Games You Played Today Oratorio Tangram

And I still haven’t played about a dozen characters.

Finally, I can rest until the new Final Fantasy Tactics map comes out on Thursday.

4 Likes

The Cinemark at South Creek Meadows. Going by on wednesday to play it.

alright so i am going about playing this game for the very last time probably, you might have heard of it:

i’ve been spurned on by this absolutely incredible youtube series i found that i recommend everyone play that is jam packed with all kinds of information i’ve never seen presented outside of circulated essays and shit about this game.

i’ve got a deep hell thing for Castlevania Symphony of the Night. starting out here: i don’t think i actually got a chance to play it until i was a teenager. you may remember Chris Kalata’s early website, The Castlevania Dungeon which was an early shrine of all things CV. back when this website had side panel frames i mined the reviews (now i look on them as poor larks) he did of each game and all of the miscellaneous trivia he wrote about them.

i fuckin’ devoured everything castlevania i could except fanfiction. i must have read the page dedicated to symphony of the night a billion times. in the days before PS1 emulation and early internet access i wanted it. I remember seeing a gif of alucard in motion and it just set my mind off in motion. i can’t find it, but here’s a gif displaying that castlevania symphony of the night has a special animation only triggered if alucard catches peanuts in his mouth

anyway i’ve got more thoguhts forthcoming

9 Likes

these titles are on the wrong players (based on the caricature of your online personas)

2 Likes

I recently discovered Poison’s my character, and there are TWO (2) titles with “spank” in them. My choices were on the table

3 Likes

Just finished Ys II earlier and it’s PRETTY GREAT. Much more fleshed out than the 1st chapter. Comfier legacy tropes, a bit softer gameplay (the 1st seemed weird-hard…:upside_down_face:). Just a lot more to work with and a really charming course of adventure. It’s retroactively entering my favorite childhood jarpegees.

These Chronicles+ versions seem to balance a faithful compromise after so many iterations and refinements. Might rock the TGFX-CD versions some day though.

Now I have tons of ost arrangements to find and sift through, damn

4 Likes

This is great, thanks for sharing!

hmm, I should get to Ys II finally

I’ve been putting it off cause I didn’t want to play a longer game that was as weird hard as Ys I

2 Likes

Non-boss monsters move so randomly in the first, that no matter how you try to bump and grind 'em, Adol gets smacked around half the time. Whatever angle you dash from. Accounting for ancient RNG brutality it didn’t feel right, and I’m still wondering if it’s a PC thing (like the Dark Fact fight).

There are a few encounters in II that edge towards bullet hell, but combat (and dying) overall makes a lot more sense. In essence it’d be the same simplistic loop, everything’s just expanded upon nicely with magic, mostly for boss battles and area progression or puzzles.

I think about every npc and monster in the game has extra dialogue for when you’re disguised as a Roo (cute type “demon”). Stuff like that may have come over iterations in time or altered by XSEED. I just found it really amusing.

@Rudie the mines weren’t so bad once I mapped it out, but the Shrine of Solomon is exhausting. I only blasted through from hyper caffeination.

2 Likes

I avoided ranked mode like the plague until the PC version was released, and now I’m slowly mailing it in until I’m “”“officially”"" the #1 Puyo player in Minnesota

6 Likes

As someone who beat Ys I on PC Engine and Steam, and beat Ys II on Steam, part 2 felt like wayyyy too much more early Ys in a row (it’s also like 1/3rd longer than part 1). I also found it a bit easy to get lost in, but I may also be way more used to the first chapter. The antiquated charm is still there, though! Hyped to hear someone else talk about it.

2 Likes

Goldeneye - Slappers

2 Likes

Yeah, I really gotta get on figuring out the shrines. The mines just took a little focus, but it wasn’t bad.

Your girl is the best Puyo player in Minnesota. I’m aiming for #1 in the nation. Fight me

27 Likes

Ys 1 and 2 are such a neat little package

i’ve seen shrine of solomon translated as ‘palace of salmon’ in a few places

5 Likes

Bloodborne: Just beat the Shadows of Yharnam, and as usual I find myself fighting the compulsion to delete my save and start over.

do it, replaying is the fun part

how many people in minnesota actually bought this game though

(congrats)

EO5 has a high barrier entry what with the races and wrapping my head around all the new class skills