Games You Played Today Oratorio Tangram

Gran Turismo Sport launched today and there weren’t any server issues. Yay.

2 Likes

I tried this, but each spell only did 1 damage, so I ended up unable to move and only able to damage it using charge up javelin attacks. The whole battle looks like a half finished debug room that I glitched into by accident

was secret of mana really translated the first time around?

it’s worth watching a speedrun, then you’ll wonder how any of it passed qa

That’s not surprising, I can’t think of any other game where the music gets cut off by sound effects so consistently and the hit detection is pretty much non existent

A post was merged into an existing topic: it’s time for plausibly the best roleplaying videogame ever made

I finished Sonic Mania last night, after leaving it on a month’s hiatus. Apparently I stopped at the last act and didn’t even know it.

Not the first time I’ve done that with a game

1 Like

I did another run through the boss rush, this time resetting each time that one boss killed me, and got a time of 11:45.80. That’s nearly a 3x improvement!

EDIT: Just got a 9:03.93. I think sub-8:30 or even sub-8 is possible with some practice.

1 Like

i got the legend of korra game a few weeks ago in a psn sale (it’s one of those games that goes on sale a lot)

it feels nice to move around and hit stuff, and it’s even cooler to do it in a game where a dark-skinned young woman is the protagonist. but! of course, it has an item shop where you buy upgrades and the first half of the game is spent unlocking the different elements that you fight with.

luckily, there’s very few bossfights that take the “avoid attacks for ten minutes until the weakspot is revealed” approach, nor are there any stupid special move lock and key moments, either. combat is mostly left up to you to figure out the best way to handle a situation. that kind of makes it worse that they decided to put in the item shop and skill unlocking, really.

just make a fuckin beat em up, somebody please

I just started a new football manager 17 career with me at the helm of the san jose earthquakes

toying with the idea of starting a thread about me trying to figure out how football works

That reminds me, Flashback had a throwable teleporter receiver. I want to say I’ve seen this in at least one other game but I can’t put my finger on it. Definitely a cool underused concept.

1 Like

Unreal also had one

Overwatch? (Sombra has one)

Seems to mostly be a multiplayer game concept, which makes sense. I like the courage of the few single-player games that use it, because it has this juicy gamebreaking exploration/sequence-break potential in that context.

So does Portal not count in this discussion?

PS, we have a thread for this it's time for plausibly the best roleplaying videogame ever made

1 Like

Oh yeah. Would you move my post over there?

the online multiplayer in gran turismo sport is rly gripping. winning a race against 23 other people is so satisfying

Pulled up USFIV for the first time in a while and played some matches with a nice person. Added them on steam and we chatted for a while.

I’m surprised I can manage to play this game with sheer fundamentals carried over from the billions of other FGs I play, because USFIV is by far one of the most unique and difficult to learn

do it.

i might post in it.