Games You Played Today Classic Mini

DQXI Spoilers

I had to tell a mermaid that the man she was waiting for for decades, had died.

I took her to see his grave, and she killed herself on the spot.

What the fuck.

you can lie and it turns out differently, i think itā€™s the only one of those choices that isnā€™t a ā€˜but thou mustā€™

2 Likes

OH NO

1 Like

Huh! I did not know that there was a different outcome there. Regardless I have no regrets about my commitment to the truth.

Boooo

lie to the mermaid

Itā€™s unfortunate that she couldnā€™t see it but there was a perfectly eligible young hero right in front of her the whole time.

Anyway how am I supposed to know she was going to react like that? Itā€™s pretty rough but thatā€™s life for you (not really itā€™s a game I could do it over but I probably wonā€™t).

Big Big spoilers, but might make you feel a bit better:

Thereā€™s a bit that happens much later that gives it a happier ending regardless of the choice anyway

1 Like

It does make me happy, I am very horny for mermaids

5 Likes

Yeah that was a nice surprise of many across the world to stumble on, yet another place where DQXI was exquisite: jrpg postgame sweetness

The boss there was also surprisingly intense, at least for the lvls I was at

I donā€™t think I like Double Dash very much.

And Kolibri keeps crashing!! Ironically I think my real copy of Kolibri also did.

1 Like

There are two types of people in the world:

• those who like Double Dash
    &
  • those who are wrong
4 Likes

Iā€™m dead set and determined to finish Assassinā€™s Creed Odyssey, uh, within a reasonable time frame.

Itā€™s only been, what, three or four months?

I gotta give the game this - for a huge open world game that largely lets you explore the map at your leisure, Iā€™m impressed how often Iā€™ve stumbled into awe-inspiring vistas.

Just a lotta really good hills to crest with whole villages waiting underneath in this thing.

Then the map lights up with icons and quest markers and I realize that the ride never ends.

1 Like

Horizon: Zero Dawn also does this rather effectively. It helps that its palette isnā€™t all browns and greys like say Skyrim is.

I like every musou except the main ones

1 Like

God help me Iā€™m speedrunning Ronin. The movement just clicks and I can crush the posted fastest time for all bonus objectives if I keep practicing.

Eternal Castle is quite pleasing

I fell down this rabbit hole of Megalovania memes and now Iā€™ve started playing Undertale again.

Iā€™ve never finished this game but somehow I already got the platinum trophy?

Spent two surprisingly relaxing hours setting up gameboy emulation with a nice shader using Retroarch and Launchbox so I could try the fan translation of The Frog For Whom the Bell Tolls, which is widely considered the precursor to Linkā€™s Awakening.

I only just started it, but this game rules.

You play as a prince with unlimited access to funds, so you always have MAXIMUM COIN, and whenever anyone does you a kindness or you need to bribe someone, you just drop a giant sack of millions of coins in front of them and then it just replenishes right back up.

21 Likes

:flushed:

8 Likes

Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil is bad. They added a gravity gun because Half-Life 2 which you can use to throw fireballs back at enemies, but it just slows down the game and isnā€™t fun to use plus you get more than enough ammo so I didnā€™t use it after the first five minutes.

There is also a bullet time power thing which again is pretty useless for 90% of the game because you rarely face more than three enemies at a time. You face more at the end, but it spawns them in waves so your power wears out before youā€™ve half-cleared a room. Itā€™s like they just jammed in ideas that donā€™t suit the core design of the game to make it stand out more.

The new enemies are also boring, as is the level design, but especially the mission design, half of which is running around grabbing batteries to power crap. IT IS VERY BORING AND BAD.

Iā€™m going to try vanilla Doom 3 next, wish me luck! I played through the first few levels and was surprised at how tense it was and I was having a good time, but I have a feeling it wonā€™t last long.

3 Likes