Games You Played Today Classic Mini

that game would be so easy with vr controls

Learning the UI is definitely a core part of a lot of clickers!

They can Ā« get away Ā» with having extremely unintuitive interfaces because there are few or no stakes compared to traditional video games, so the pressure on the player is lowered

Iā€™ve been playing one clicker at work for likeā€¦ 5 months. This week I unlocked two new interfaces that took me at least four hours to fully understand. I wonā€™t name the game because it is the Most Potent clicker and I probably shouldnā€™t inflict it on others without warning

Iā€™m sorry, maybe weā€™re going to need that clicker thread at one point

1 Like

Iā€™ve been stuck in on yakuza 0 like itā€™s a job I love going to everyday. I enjoyed all the pocket racing substories, some good wholesome drama. then I looked up pocket circuit fighter and saw a picture of him in yakuza 6 :sob:

5 Likes

Okay, okay, I am going to try to play games. But Iā€™m not going to stubbornly try to work my way through one at a time because clearly I donā€™t have the patience/attention span anymore. Hereā€™s the docket:

Jalopy which Iā€™m not ready to give up on, because everything I read about it makes it seem so interesting. Hopefully if Iā€™m in a less cranky mood I can look past it being fiddly.

Supertype which I just keep plugging away at a little at a time and itā€™s such nice little interstitial game to have on oneā€™s phone. (Seriously yā€™all itā€™s just clever enough and very accessible. Turn the sound off though, probably).

Monument Valley 2 which Iā€™ve had sitting on my Kindle for ages so I want to dive into that finally.

We Happy Few which I suspect is going to aggravate me some but I like the premise.

1 Like

After having played the game for a couple of hours I have to agree, easy is real easy. I havenā€™t even gotten close to losing a battle. Iā€™ll keep playing like this though for now because virtually nothing makes sense to me yet. I donā€™t know what anything means! There is no tutorial! I estimate Iā€™ll need at least 10 hours of YouTube guides to understand everything. But thatā€™s no fun right now, I like discovering the functionality bit by bit through trial and error

We all know super back to the future 2, and I personally love violinist of hameln, both games by DAFT CO LTD. Today I discovered their other super famicom game PAPUWA-KUN which is not listed on many websites. It seems pretty good

3 Likes

CLICKER THREAD! CLICKER THREAD! i got pretty into undefeated spider please PM me the brain poison

So Iā€™m several hours into Yakuza Zero and havenā€™t yet stumbled across any slot car racing, what the fuck.

1 Like

itā€™s in the top left corner of the map

I had to abandon the slot car racing because I could never get the hang of it :frowning:

Kiryu gets so fired up for it, though. Itā€™s great.

Recording lots of Gypsy Quest (Vagrant Story)

A couple hours of Persona 2: Innocent Sin. Turning off attack animations plus fast-forwarding helps me get through its sometimes, veeeery slow battle pace. Iā€™d forgotten how much more went into demon conversation! Not sure if its the most complex in MegaTen (and this is the PSP remake) but with party combos, demon emotional state, character technique, etc. seems like the most varied Iā€™ve played.

While PPSSPPing I decided to finally see what The 3rd Birthday is like (after I thinkā€¦@AutomaticTiger? mentioned it favorably somewhere)

The tutorial showed me really choppy combat which I donā€™t exactly hate and without knowing much about the overall plot, maybe the body hopping time manip stuff will turn something interesting. Iā€™ll give it about 3-4 hours to gauge holding me, Aya Breaā€™s a cute but various shots of this game make it look like they get extra ā€œclothes torn sexy toughā€ with her character, if so thatā€™s a difficult line to walk and not faceplant for fanservice.

In Kamurocho?

I donā€™t think you can access it til a bit into the game. I think you get a cutscene outside of it. But itā€™s in the upper left corner, just left of the little park.

Itā€™s on the West end of Shichifuku St. in Kamurocho but is only open starting from middle of Chapter 2.

So far itā€™s a little bit Bioshock, a little bit Halflife 2 with maybe a pinch of Fallout 3. Everything it does is pretty heavy-handed but I donā€™t hate it, at least not yet. I appreciate that at least so far all the combat has been melee (unless you count chucking bottles at people). I find myself surprisingly compelled to continue.

1 Like

Itā€™s absolutely lovely and you will finish it in about an hour

i got super into the slot car racing and then fucking hit a wall because there was a story-locked piece that i needed to progress slot cars

but i didnt want to do anything but slot cars so i quit

then yakuza 6 came out and now 0 is cursed to be played in like a decade

I have literally never played the third birthday, just the first parasite eve.

So it was probably someone else? I do think the first one is pretty neat, though, especially since itā€™s Vagrant Story Lite mechanically, made by the Mario RPG folks.

1 Like

i accidentally got mario and luigi dream team instead of the superstar saga remake and its totally okay because EVERY* MARIO RPG DERIVATIVE IS INFINITELY CHARMING AND FIGHTING IS FUN so its okay

i justā€¦ completely forgot this game existedā€¦

*do not talk to me about sticker star

what did you think about sticker star

or super paper mario