Games You Played Today Classic Mini

Definitely check out Stephen’s Sausage Roll as well when you get the chance and when it decides to be cheaper than $30 (I think it’s worth that but I don’t blame others for not thinking so at a glance). It’s a great companion piece to Baba Is You.

2 Likes

why dont we instead just fucking expect better though

instead of making all this room in our hearts to allow people to be problematic, why not expect better

1 Like

not mutually exclusive?

2 Likes

Expand??

oh crap I forgot that before we leave this topic I need to remind everyone of this from MW2

willnotbeoffended

“No, I will not be offended” is lol in its dumbness and I hope they keep it in the remaster

well you’ve framed it as allowing people to be problematic since I posted that reply which I don’t think is the context I’m thinking of this in – I’m not attributing personhood to ubisoft nor talking specifically about forgiving a person for being a bad actor – but I would much rather just have good and decent art alongside the dumbshit art

Just spent nearly a half-hour trying to dock my ship in Elite: Dangerous.

The station kept assigning me to landing pads that had other ships loitering on them. I can’t fucking dock on top of another ship! Believe me, I tried.

5 Likes

Someday I am going to jump back into E:D and have a good time again.

2 Likes

The flagpole at the end of Super Mario levels is imperialism

%20%20Mario%20%20will%20never%20question%20his%20role%20as%20an%20oppressor%20of%20those%20h

(H.t. VastleCania)

11 Likes

The thing I’m most proud of is the perfect amount of characters per line

13 Likes

this is your next goal

4 Likes

7 Likes

This is up there with the pyramids and that guy who dug a temple in his backyard Dwarf Fortress style. I get vertigo thinking about the sheer amount of time and effort this must have taken

1 Like

I… finished… Witcher 3? I did the whole thing. It’s all done now. I never dreamed this day would come, but it is here.

4 Likes

So I mean I guess that is the best review of the game possible? I played this game for an incredibly long time.

i dont really want to argue with you guys i think you’re basically right, i just worry about what we grandfather clause in vs. what we decide to ask more of going forward

3 Likes

Division 2: I was moving into a new area to get directly to the Safe House (making it available for Fast Travel since I’m fully in Fast Travel Lawnmowing Mode now) and for my first time in the game I actually tried avoiding conflict, as opposed to mindlessly shooting every dude my reticle turns red over on sight, and for about two minutes it created a climate of fear that is entirely lacking in the rest of the accessible binge-gaming content stream lawnmowing empowerment experience progress-simulator smooth drinkable formula pioneered and perfected by Ubisoft, and now I’m wondering what this game would play and feel like if it had an Actual Survival mode with Actual Difficulty, and just how much difficulty is a tool that can be used to explore themes in videogames.

Definitely the worst part of the Red Dead Redemption games is how totally non-threatening they feel which completely contradicts the setting and the plot. Imagine The Oregon Trail with no setbacks that happen.

edit: I’ll report back as to what TD2 feels like in the end-game (probably completely different from how breezy and free-form this has felt for 15 hours) and I hope it doesn’t have me do particularly asinine grindy shit to gear up for the Raid like Destiny did but I know I will dehumanize myself and face to bullshit and do what it wants; this is less harmful than my other addictions

2 Likes

I just cleared out an underground Metro and it mission objective prompted me to “Sabotage train” and like always I did not pay any attention to what the squawk-radio said so I don’t know why I’m doing this and for once it did not perfectly indicate with holographic marker what I was supposed to hold X in front of to open the door to the next gorgeous MW2-quality setpiece, so I wandered around in confusion, and I turned the radar on and it indicated a huge area I was in which didn’t help, so I googled “the division 2 sabotage train” and watched a youtube video where someone shot something apparently explosive next to a solitary train car blocked by rubble, and the game hadn’t visually codified that particular thing as explosive because it wasn’t a red barrel (this game has red barrels and red fuel canisters in every fucking combat scene and you better believe it)

and the words “sabotage train” did not have any initial meaning for me other than indicating something I should hold X in front of, and I don’t think it was even going to go anywhere so maybe it had The Super Bad Drugs stashed in it or something,

and the fact this stumped me has made me realize, along with the weed (for some reason I had played this whole game until just now in total sobriety, and it might actually be better that way for me, because then I do remember the architectural provocations and holistically affirm the game design), that this game puts me in lower double-digit IQ territory and maybe there is some unintentional (unpassionate) subliminal neocon conditioning going on but damn this game is good at what it does and I need to feel dumb sometimes

and then two minutes after sabotaging train I’m in another beautiful dilapidated mall, this time underground, because hell yeah

(mods please split off/contain this discussion to a separate thread. [redacted joke suggested title])

1 Like

I have no real opinion on The Division 2 other than that it’s disgusting to pretend like you’re apolitical so you can get the progressive + conservative bux and then have shit in the intro that is basically “when the shit hit the fan, did you own a gun? Did your neighbor?” That’s some great right wing fear mongering if I’ve ever seen any.

The gameplay is probably okay, I can’t say because the “beta” kept disconnecting so I didn’t manage to kill any dudes

Gimme Wolfenstein over this fascist stuff any day

2 Likes