Games You Played Today Classic Mini

I love the first Star Ocean for all of the reasons you mentioned and then some.

I love the Star Ocean series in general. Except 3. We don’t talk about 3.

What’s wrong with 3, I love 3

did you beat it?

I loved playing 3, particularly for the bonus dungeons grindy bs up to and through Freya.

Also got that Iwatodai Dorm crossover Bitter Dance.

If you’re talking about the plot, it’s fine

now, now, children. they’re tri-Ace games. they’re all terrible! :nail_care:

2 Likes

invalidating the setting of the entire series forwards and back in time is not fine!

They tend to play much better than Persona 1

1 Like

It’s an au

Yeah, no shit!? Really!?

each tri-Ace game is a slice from the same loaf of bread.

How much of which ones have you played?

are the Sharks and Jets about to tumble in here

4 Likes

Pro Tri-Ace in the house. I can’t not love a game that has a stat whose entire purpose is to determine how quickly you level

Hypnospace Outlaw runs like ass on my piece of shit tablet computer.

edit: also it refuses to play music, though it does play audio from its video clips and it’s digitized speech.

sounds like they took simulating the pc experience in the 90s too far

6 Likes

It’s hard to tell - some of the page loading times are clearly meant to emulate the mid-90’s web, but after a minute everything gets slower for me, far slower than my Pentium 133 at 56.6bps ever did.

I think you’re having authentic computer troubles, not simulated. But if it helps, here’s a goofy tip: if you wiggle your mouse around, the game speeds up its page load times. There’s a fun in-universe explanation for why it works that way too.

1 Like

Pretty sure my two authentic computer troubles are an Intel Atom x5 1.44Ghz processor and 4Gb of RAM.

2 Likes

well, I found my car in forza horizon.

when I started playing I saw that there was a honda S2000. I got excited, because that’s a car I used to love in whatever gran turismo games it was in. then I saw that it was a DLC only car, and I got sad. well, today I noticed that there were, in fact, two S2000’s in the game, and only one of them was DLC. the '09 version was a mere 25000 forza dollars, which is an amount you can make in less than ten minutes. I was happy! yay. hell, I probably had the '09 version in whatever gran turismo anyway.

after racing around in it for a bit, I decided to poke around at it. then I got lazy, because FH4 has this thing where people who actually know shit about cars can share their kits for any car in the game, which you can then browse, download, purchase (in game money, the game isn’t that evil), and apply. I picked one that looked nice, and it turns out it was very nice. the S2000 is a tiny, zippy car that’s fun and forgiving for people who suck. now it has an engine in it that is presumably bigger than the car itself, and a comical amount of downforce that turns it into a true video game car. the secret to this game is to ignore everything that makes it a video game from 2018, which includes many many checklists, online functionality that I don’t understand or care to understand, lootboxes, hidden SECRETS, daily quests, weekly quests, and I think monthly quests. what you do instead is find your version of the honda S2000 and you do some races and you drive around the countryside not listening to your music because they fucked that part up.

7 Likes