Games You Played Today: Actress Again: Current Code (Part 1)

I agree but if you say it too loud, the dark souls purists will come out and curse you

4 Likes

looked at this horrible hellroom with vengeance, stronger than any previous run, only to realize. i fucked up and i must restart and suffer again

20201211185642_1

9 Likes

holy crap kh1’s combat is not good

8 Likes

Which tower is this? I don’t think I’ve played it, or at least didn’t get far enough in it.

I think I stopped playing on the tower that gave you special keys on level up you use in a seperate area to unlock items in sort of a sphere-grid-like system. I maybe barely eked out a bronze on that level and felt exhausted.

EDIT: oh shit they added a config menu since I played lol. I can turn the music down! I can make HP items act as walls! It’s wonderful!

1 Like

it’s still tower p. i’m invested in getting a diamond in tower p. life won’t make sense until i do.

incidentally it’s one of the levels with a sphere-grid-like system, and the secret goal is in a hell gauntlet at the end of the grid

Yeah I think I haven’t attempted any diamonds yet. Was going for “Pure Nexus” sunstones to try to get a good baseline. I was told the first like 5 or 6 towers are possible to gold in Pure. Getting pure gold in Mini is very satisfying.

Oh wow you can dig with the mouse now too, lol.

when i started i thought spending a sunstone negated a pure run so i got gold in a bunch of maps like that, but after starting to spend them i’m getting stuff like pure platinum on mini.

i guess it means theoretically (provided you can get enough stones and reach a good enough goal) you can get any medal on any pure run

impure runs also grants sunstones when you push beyond the highest medal

edit: like, i dunno somehow this wasn’t clear to me despite the stage select trying to signal that until i surprisingly got some sunstones off an impure run

Yeah I think it gleaned that info there on the stage select screen without having attempted it yet.

I have definitely not played P because I’ve not played a level with the pink tiles that limit your moves over them yet. I think I popped my head in but didn’t do anything there.

Wandered ricco harbor 8 looking for yoshi, only to google and find out i need to beat another level to rescue him

Mario sunshine is full of so much amateurish, bone headed shit

7 Likes

I just played this game through in one sitting. I really liked it.

The style reminds me of Quimdung’s games.

18 Likes
10 Likes

Then I get nailed again off an 8% crit chance in FE Fates, need a new hobby…

11 Likes

Having now played a good few hours of densha de go ps4 edition i can say this is the best these games have ever controlled. It is god damn miraculous. The graphics continue to impress me. I find the way the different LOD models faze in kind of intoxicating. A strange choice they made is to display mirrors edge dlc looking abstract art on the copious billboards lining the stations instead of fake ads saying “henry’s store” or something. It kinda sucks and I respect it.

It takes longer than it should to unlock new levels etc. I want the NEX already! It should all be available from the start imo.

Need to dock several points for the seeming absence of any video/photography of real world trains. This is a pillar of these games imo and it is sorely missed. Give me 4k photos of famous souvenirs associated with each station, give me tours of nearby landmarks. Why even have the hd anime wife if you cant go on dates with her. You could do it in densha de go ryoujouhen on ps2! And there were 4 wives in that game!!!

8 Likes

How similar is this to the arcade game?

Are you playing on an official controller or are you using a pad?

Is this thing out of print cuz it’s super expensive on Amazon jp

i think it only came out like a week or two ago?

1 Like

Using pad, there is no special controller for this. I tried the usb type 2 controller, it doesnt work. I preordered on playasia so idk what stock is like. It did cost a boatload.

It is the same game as the arcade one, except they added more home single player type progression system stuff. Also new lines (keihin touhoku line, ueno tokyo line, narita express) though i believe only the sections of those lines that just follow along yamanote line. So basically it is just yamanote line but theres some other trains. Takanawa gateway is in there. You can play arcade mode and in there it has the section of the sobu line that is available in arcades. Strangely the osaka loop line which is in the arcade game seems to be missing. I assume there is gonna be dlc and then a deluxe release of the game later. Might be worth waiting for that?? Idk. Maybe theyll just never put osaka on the home version

5 Likes