Games You Played Today: Actress Again: Current Code (Part 1)

i bought SFV: Arcade Edition whenever it came out and never played it much because none of my friends wanted to play it.

so i recently bought the Champion Edition DLC pack because it was on sale and i thought that maybe, even though i know the game is bad, i could wrangle some fun out of it.

and WOWWWW wow wow. this game really looks bad on my new TV. also they added a bunch of ads now? but ads for stuff in SFV? and the load times are insanely long? what the hell is this game? lol

6 Likes

I have not and will probably not play this game but I have listened to the 13 minute final boss theme a lot.

if you want a solution to basically every fight in lightning returns you can, off the top of my head + some light googling:

and switch between those jobs to block whatever comes in and build meter, then switch to i think itā€™s ā€˜soldier of peaceā€™ and spam the skill artemisā€™ arrows for Big Damage

so yeah probably best just youtubing the ending

1 Like

just remembered how thereā€™s a finite number of every enemy in LR and when you get to the last one theyā€™re skinned neon pink

12 Likes

tried practicing my old ggxx main, dizzy, in accent core only to realize this is futile on a pad. part of playing her means holding a button while pushing other buttons, and yeah, not happening.

also trying to get back into playing persona 2 ep which is really cool but also really annoying to play. just have a hard time with the way fighting, conversing and making new personas works in the p2 duology. like, i want new things to happen, but getting to a new dungeon always makes me groan, especially when i realize that iā€™m not strong enough and need to collect cards. but iā€™m probably still pushing through cause iā€™m interested and love these characters.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a game I really want to give another chance to. I hope you like it. Itā€™s a short campaign from my understanding, but somehow I managed to fall off it even when Iā€™ll nose-to-the-grind my way through the last 12 hours of games I donā€™t like. The install size has also stopped me from downloading it, but one of these days!

I was thinking tonight about starting Kane & Lynch. I got the both of them (Kane, and Lynch, haha) on sale this past weekend after hearing people here talk so much good about it. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever watched a Michael Mann movie, but I think Iā€™ll probably still understand whatā€™s going on when I play.

But, since everyone always gushes about K&L2 I am wondering if I should play 2 before or instead of 1?

1 Like

Nioh 2 is pretty fun and well worth the $10 I paid for it. Much like the first one, I donā€™t think Iā€™ll think about it much after I finish with it, but Iā€™m enjoying it quite a bit.

1 Like

Niiiice. I am leaning towards K&L2 I think. There was a post in the Post Start Menus thread that got me really interested in the game

1 Like

Like Annetts said tho, theyā€™re ā€œgenuinely the best part of the gameā€. I was pretty hyped up when I saw one of those start menus, but the game itself didnā€™t hold my interest past the second level

4 Likes

ban this sick filth

5 Likes

the second and third level are really all about making the encounter design shine in co-op (which it does), if youā€™re playing single player and youā€™re not into it, those are probably the lowest point

game rules and itā€™s been way too long since I played it but this is like the most understandable circumstance to fall off imo

2 Likes

why is the game ive had the most fun with a fucking money scamming f2p waifu game

7 Likes

I donā€™t think the order matters. But Dog Days is like one of the best and Dead Men wouldnā€™t register in my top 1000.

I also think they are interesting to compare. Then afterwards watching a Mann movie and going ā€œoh that was from this.ā€

4 Likes

If you play Dog Days first know that something happened with Kaneā€™s daughter in the first and Lynch was there. And you know they are two sociopathic murderous criminals.

Yeah, and this totally rules

Watched hte ending of LR tonight. I love this insane trilogy of FFXIIIā€™s.

5 Likes

dark souls giving new meaning to baiting the dragon :dragon:

2 Likes

I just played 2 hours of Mother 3 in Japanese on a GBA SP.

I donā€™t think I need to playthrough this again. I donā€™t need to see good ruined. I donā€™t need to be told my nostalgia is bad. Also I feel like I am too old for a rhythm based battle system.

2 Likes

the tablet version of Darkest Dungeon was (is?) 99 cents on the app store, so i bought it.

i originally played this game when it was in early access on Steam, as a friend recommended it. i bounced off it pretty hard because i didnā€™t think it was fun to spend 20 minutes watching everyone miss each other during battle, but iā€™m glad to see that itā€™s improved significantly since then.

still a lot of qol stuff i wish theyā€™d fix, but maybe for a sequel.

1 Like

It took 180 hours and some change, but I beat the main game and all of the (paid) DLC for Assassinā€™s Creed Odyssey.

Iā€™ve got about, uh, 10 of the ā€œLost Tales of Greeceā€ missions left to do that they added after the game launched. Thatā€™s probably another 20 hours there.

Iā€¦I dunno. I might. Or I might leave it for another day.

Fuck I hate that I can say this but - Valhalla awaits.

2 Likes

Playing the first 2 hours of original Metroid against Metroid: Zero Mission I quickly learn that one gates its progression through endless, repeating gauntlets of enemies with wraparound design while the other has chorizos that frequently point you in the only direction you havenā€™t explored yet, often only a screen away

As life is short Iā€™ll be siding with Zero Mission

7 Likes