Games You Played Today: Actress Again: Current Code (Part 1)

Maybe one day I’ll play DQV since I have an Android apk for it

1 Like

DS emulation on Android is pretty good too if you are like me and want to futz with settings

2 Likes

literally what i thought, kind of sold on this, i think the last racing game i liked was Driver San Francisco

1 Like

I’ve prolly put hundreds of hours into this game. With a wheel Its hard to match if you wanna slide down a slope. I started playing it in PCSX2 so I could map the e-brake to 4th gear on my sifter. Makes a big difference.

I just like to zen out on a good mountain run and try to get it perfect.

One of my favorite elements is weather and how it just happens and you just deal with it. Though you can get magic dolls to set the weather in the night shop. It can make old challenges fresh once you get further in the game.

I’m still not sure how course progression really works.

The AE86/AE86 race in the ran was a real fun one. Lots of wheel work to keep it straight. I think this was like try 5.

If you get stuck or want a hint on something hit me up! Happy sliding!

11 Likes

Tried to beat the first level of Asteroids without shooting or crashing into a ufo or asteroid. Brought it down to 4 tiny asteroids at one point. Fun challenge

1 Like

I played some of this and I think I like it? The handling is… relatively forgiving (there’s even a braking assist mode on by default, which I did not expect to be present).

The core concept of like, “hang around tailgating to make them spin out from sheer peer pressure” is very strange to me, and like in most games I’ve seen with it, doesn’t really make sense, as by the time you’ve gained on them enough to be there, you’re gaining on them enough to just pass?

And uh, I looked it up and, this voice acting is literally in the Japanese release? Like, the same voice acting, it shipped in Japan with this goofy-ass English dialogue?

What a WEIRD game, I love it, thank you for bringing it to my attention

3 Likes

if you cheat for one thing in Yume Nikki, def look up this thing on how to get the bicycle. it takes like little effort to find and doesn’t spoil anything really. i’m lucky that i seemed to stumble on this on my own when i first played it but it makes the game better:

5 Likes

mega man 11 is a perfectly fine, though exceedingly unambitious mega man game. really wish they pulled more from 7, 8 and forte rather than these modernized nes riffs. i want multiple playable characters, hidden areas, robot master cds, alternate paths and the occasional mid-stage gimmick!

6 Likes

thank you for this! I have a fair amount of dumb pride when it comes to figuring stuff out on my own though, so I’ll hold off on watching the video and just use that preview image as a hint on where I should start looking. at least until I lose my patience anyway

edit: …it wasn’t even hidden, I just never walked that way

1 Like
yessss

yeah
yeaaaaah

very childish glee at getting this

8 Likes

Played this briefly and was a neat little appetiser before more Paradise Killer. It starts off very satisfying but I realised that the increasing complexity was highlighting that I should be doing this to my actual home.

3 Likes

This is the most powerfully evocative sentence I’ve read all week.

8 Likes

I can’t stop thinking about that game since the post the other day. I’m in love with so many things about it.

These videos that play before boss races are like peak PS2 beauty

10 Likes

The fact that no other “magic” or even spirituality appears in the game it really takes your brain places about this apparently haunted night racing world.

Oh those big racer boss battle preamble cut scenes are so pure. TXRD2 has the same deal.
Highway romance fogs my brain and powers my motor. Time to take stock but not too much, crack your knuckles and prepare to die for street cred.

4 Likes

Holy shit, what unexpected beauty

I seriously dislike this (on a personal level). A huge part of my philosophy of life is that the energy needed to get that last little bit of order in life is a waste.

1 Like

I think that doing one or two of these (in-game or in life) can feel rewarding in small doses but the repetition of it really files away the pleasure to reveal the inherent pointlessness of order in an entropic universe. If anything I can see this game giving someone frustrated anxiety more than it would relax them.

Again, this is just me personally, but I found this overwhelmingly irritating in the first 2 seconds.

1 Like

I liked the idea of the game and appreciated the variety, but it got me feeling edgy and neurotic real quick! Then I looked around my apt and saw there so much potential material to work with irl that if this was a real impulse of mine, even a therapeutic one, it would be so distracting.

1 Like

I have been playing A Hole New World which is the only game I know that has LITERAL BLOOD POTION.

I guess I am playing it until I find the blood potion honestly? It is okay as a throwback but has a poor sense of balance and thinks dozens of things coming at you is difficulty.

19 Likes