Games You Played Today: Actress Again: Current Code (Part 1)

There is even a mod on PC to swap in the Japanese voices so you can get them with the English subtitles. “If it is window shopping, go away. Get out of my face.”

5 Likes

The PC version is better.

1 Like

Love that Killer7 is like,

God is truth!
Between fact and fiction is a miracle.
Have you ever heard of it?
There was once a thing like that,
but not any more.

and then it’s just like

Use Mask De Smith/You need the ring to complete this objective.

10 Likes

Yeah this has been my pandemic buddy too, I’m kinda hoping if they do an expansion/sequel that they’ll allow tweaking difficulty per colour or perhaps if I were to push it, per ability. Mountain climber just destroys me (I actually pulled my shoulder doing it once, was completely fucked for like a week), but there are plenty of other things that are just fine. It’s really solid though, I’m glad it exists here in hell world 2020 :sparkles:

2 Likes

Ring Fit buds! I’d love to see a sequel with quality of life improvements or just more exercises to download. I’m nitpicking a bit about difficulty but I genuinely think it’s one of the best games in years. I gush about and evangelise it in a thread I made a while back:

https://selectbutton.net/t/revolved-crescent-lunge-pose/

I had exactly the same thing happen to my shoulder this week and I’m fairly certain Mountain Climber or Plank was to blame. The game is definitely a godsend though, I’ve improved a lot since starting :slight_smile: Squats all day!

2 Likes

I have come from relatively humble beginnings (a single plank set would defeat me) to great heights (I absolutely crush them I can ^ pose like a boss hell yes take that you weird dog things, I live for this) since December and I have legitimately lost weight and girth and gained muscle and core fitness from this goofy Nintendo RPG. It rules so hard.

4 Likes

yet again i ask myself “stavekoff, why are you STILL playing Fire Emblem Warriors? You know it’s a budget title and there are freaking clones in the roster??? All you do is pick Camilla and abuse her best attack and destroy everything!” and I stay silent, damning myself

3 Likes

The new season of Rainbow Six Siege dropped and you can play as Sam Fisher. It would be cool if the Siege team was to add Michael Biehn’s character from Blood Dragon at some point. Generally speaking, I think the Siege universe is becoming a little less grounded in realism, so I expect some pretty wacky operators in the future. A nice bonus to this season is that the soundtrack from Chaos Theory sorta plays in the background when you’re navigating the menu. For those who haven’t heard it, it might be the best thing Amon Tobin has done? I dunno, I think it’s great, play Siege!

5 Likes

Tonight I have finished Metal Slug X with a friend, and I must say Metal Slug 3 is better.
X is every bit as unreasonably chaotic and difficult as 3, and less imaginative.

In the end, I think the most playable are Metal Slug 1 and 2.

1 Like

I found the mouth in yume nikki. the zone leading up to it is probably one of my faves. really liked those peephole drawings

2 Likes

playing r: racing evolution. it was namco’s answer to gran turismo, but they loaded it up with gay tension, horny, and mid-race dialogue that makes it look like a sports manga.

19 Likes

i miss playing snes/gba/neo geo games and think i appropriately need to re-build my library of all those sorts of things.
gonna start by maybe playing PSIV

1 Like

ok I DEFINITELY need to try this one out, been looking for something to scratch a GT-esque itch for a while

The <<>> enclosed dialogue at the top makes me think of Ace Combat so I’m sold.

3 Likes

Namco has some charming affectations

man, I really fucking love tony hawk. maybe I’ll sit down with this one and try to Git Gud For Real. probably not though, tony hawk is one of the few games where you feel like you’re in the zone even when you suck, it just melts through your hands and invades your body I love it

3 Likes

Spent yesterday playing A Short Hike and Dragon Quest.

A Short Hike was good! I kinda wish I hadn’t climbed all the way to the top before doing all the little tasks (if only to have had Claire rattle off more stuff to her aunt that she did on the mountain), but at the same time…I think I got what I wanted out of it. Just a nice, relaxing little game.

Dragon Quest…I think this is my first earnest effort at playing it (I’ve had the mobile version on my phone for ages, and always kinda wanted the GBC collection, but never got around to getting it), so I’m playing the kinda ugly, smoothed-over Switch version.

I can see how people went fucking wild for this game. Hell, I’m kinda fucking wild for this game, in the time I’ve spent with it. Clever writing, some fun goofs if you’re willing to look for them, and while it’s kinda grindy, combat is fast enough that it isn’t too much of an issue.

I’m gonna grind some more before I tackle this final castle (those knights that put you to sleep and then wail on ya are real bastards), so maybe I’ll try and figure out how the hell to defeat a metal slime and rack up some XP.

7 Likes

still yume nikki

so I spent some time getting here like this only to discover I can't pass

yup

don’t know what is and isn’t “important” so I’m really trying everything here!
haven’t seen the bicycle, but discovered the frog lets you move faster in water which is cute

4 Likes

I beat that dang Dragonlord with only 9 HP left and 0 MP.

I hear Dragon Quest 2 is a much longer, way, way, way harder game. Maybe someday.

3 Likes

Coincidentally I am working on DQ2 on my phone again as of last week, and I just got party member three. It’s a difficult game and I’m lost now, but I’m enjoying it!!

Also, I got Battletech on sale and even if I don’t finish it, getting to pick my appropriate pronouns in (what I would consider to be) a mainstream game was worth $10

1 Like