Games You Played Today: 358 Threads Over 2

6 Likes

This is not a shitpost.

With Sonicā€™s episode of Sonic 06 done, I wonder why it is so scorned even among kusoge. Its charms are not far afield from other awkward transitional games from the same time and place. Its worst design is empty mimicry of GTA before ā€œopen worldsā€ were established. Its story is not even particularly poorly plotted by 2006 standards. Its technical foibles are normal for these consoles. But it is also, for better or worse, Sonic Adventure 3 and has vibes in spades.

8 Likes

the mocap in cutscenes makes me uncomfortable

1 Like

Fair but also of the time

played a bunch of Anime this weekend

7 Likes

I am absolutely obsessed by No More Heroes 3 someone save me. I canā€™t stop playing and have been slowly 100%ing it. I am also playing with an accessibility controller (finally furnished with a second analogue joystick). Holy crap this was not made for a custom setup. Action combat is like

y8koxok

Charging my beamsword is like massaging a car window crank.

I think Iā€™m still sticking with it cos I donā€™t want it to end. I donā€™t want to go back to the sea of dross and nothing is taking my fancy. Iā€™ll play NMH3 forever!

7 Likes

Been playing exclusively cute Gameboy games. Really enjoying the semitransparent backgrounds in Donkey Kong 94 that set each stage.

Moved on to the sequel on the GBA and unfortunately the game looks like a Mario Party disaster.

18 Likes

I think Mario Land 2 might be worth your time. Itā€™s kind of strange.

5 Likes

Yeah, on anything other than motion control, charging the beam is a pain. I got used to it on the Pro controller, but yeah. I do like how quick it is to start charging, so you can actually do it mid combat.

2 Likes

DK94 and SML2 are all time greats

I think I was kind of spoiled a bit by SML2, it was my first Mario and when I tried playing other ones they were just soā€¦ bland. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever really gotten into another Mario game aside from Odyssey because that one had such a variety of settings. (Maybe the Galaxies did I turned the game off the first time I had to waggle anything)

Whereā€™s my space Mario? And my face Mario?? Bowser AGAIN?? zzz

20 Likes

imagine if mario was a japan-only property and some western publisher rebranded sml2 into a mighty max game

9 Likes

cursed menu option

25 Likes

does the location title behind that say Gross Kingdom?

4 Likes

hi, I now have done the Act III stuff in Genshin because I deeply care about the story wanted to see what nonsense they were working on for 6-10 months need talent mats for Raiden and Sara

so thatā€™s it, Signoraā€™s just fucking dead now?

that sucks

Iā€™m glad that apparently they realize how bad their own writing is when one character describes the Shogunā€™s actions as ā€œa child throwing a tantrum and locking themselves in their roomā€

1 Like

iā€™m not sure if itā€™s ā€œcuteā€ in the same way as DK94 but i will always love the first Wario Land game. it may be more of a conventional platformer than the other Wario Lands but it has kind of a strange/slightly menacing atmosphere that really fits the character of Wario that i still think about a lot. i do like how odd Mario Land 2 is as well but the first Wario Land feels like a lot more of a substantial/complete game to me.

12 Likes

Random selecting my way through unlocking stuff in the original Tekken Tag. I love this game, it feels the most satisfying in motion of all the Tekken games Iā€™ve tried. Tekken Bowl is pretty hilarious too.

5 Likes

Bloodborne is definitely like a superior action experience, but its also very one-note and many of the bosses are bad. Dark Souls feels more expansive in tone and the bosses are fun.

Like I get why they removed shields in BB but blocking forms an important intermediate mechanic in Dark Souls. The Stamina mechanic allows blocking to gradually teach you the rhythm you need for parrying. An added benefit of this is that when you fight bosses which you canā€™t parry the timing of blocking is still important.

This is missing in Bloodborne and so a lot of bosses feel monotone. Just things you avoid except to zip in and make a few cuts. And some of the Bloodborne bosses are even more inexplicably bad.

5 Likes

Also, Iā€™m kind of tired of the whole Grimdark thing and Soulslikes. I want my next Dark Souls experience to have the aesthetics of like Bumpy Trot.

8 Likes

The plank shield in Bloodborne is pretty underrated. You can block that dagger weapon all day in multiplayer, they have to go two handed to damage you.

Canā€™t remember how useful it is in the main game though.

3 Likes

playing Eastawrd

Nothing new to me, but Iā€™m enjoyable

9 Likes