Games You Played Today: 358 Threads Over 2

I have now sampled every Gameboy game released in 1989 and 1990. Many are bad but endearing, such as the Godzilla game that opens with a slideshow of photorealistic monsters before revealing itself to be a very poor riff on Lode Runner. These are the games I would probably make if someone paid me. I love them.

I played more of Penguin Wars. I love how every character AI is a little different, showing off the possible strategies one might take. @HOBO, it is a Beautiful Game.
Penguin Wars

I also played more of Dr. Mario. This time, it clicked with me. A certain amount of germs at a high enough speed feels impossible, but the game lets me pick whatever I want. The ending is eerie and beautiful.

I’m still playing The Final Fantasy Legend. Now that I understand the structure of the game and the Tower’s place within it, I am fully drawn into its world. It’s so evocative. There are so many worlds contained within it. There’s a hellworld where people tell me they must suffer in order to reach paradise. There’s a paradise with no shops because nobody works. There’s a world filled with statues: some hold items, some trigger fights, and others drop little warnings. I didn’t know I would love this game so much.

19 Likes