Games You Played Today: 358 Threads Over 2

It’s actually on Xbox One and PS4 in their backwards compat libraries. It’s actually on Gamepass too which is how I played it most recently in the few months before release.

1 Like

god i love the fucking internet in front mission 3

apparently this game has two very different paths, one full of new weapons but few upgrades and one with tons of upgrades and few new weapons

OH ALSO THE STORY IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT and you split the game by choosing to hang out with some asshole or not…i hung out with an asshole so now i need to leave japants because the government is AFTER MEEEEEE

they made a clean nuke and they dont want me to tell anyone about it

im going to tell everyone about it!!

OMG also the way they do missle tracking during battles in this game reminds me EXACTLY of the chaotic fucking camera in the bonus stages in metal black, sometimes the missle wants to take a scenic detour and you just gotta fucking follow it through

thought this was split screen but its actually much cooler. ugh fuck ayogo

WHATS A STRAIGHT LINE WHO KNOWS WHATEVER IT IS I BET ITS UGLY

29 Likes

This is a great point and my only counter to the general argument against the platforming is that it’s… fine? Double fine, even.

Okay I’m sorry.

3 Likes

FM3 rules bigtime, classic example of a franchise that they never bothered localizing before the PS1 and it seemingly comes out of nowhere and absolutely rips, then is basically gone by the PS2 era

1 Like

hey, games can be fine! I can’t love those games like I love the glorious failures, the games with one wild idea that they sacrifice everything for

1 Like

have you seen this thread?

2 Likes

I am fine with Psychonauts 2 being my own Ghosts of Tsushima, God of War, Forza, Ratchet and Clank, Gears of War, one of those games which does nothing especially great and is just fine in most respects but not above being validly criticized either. Even if it’s kind of generic in a lot of aspects, I admire it for being a game that just wants to be funny in a way that isn’t exclusively quippy and meta. People said there are no good jokes in this game, but that’s wrong, and what’s more is there is a lot that is comedic about the scenarios (in classic adventure gaming style) so constructed jokes were never going to be the thing this lives or dies on. Fine with a sense of humor is pretty fun.

5 Likes

|GUCH|

9 Likes

it also rules because its not really hard, it reminds me of jeanne d’arc in terms of difficulty

OH MY GOD it also fucking OWNS that a super viable strategy in front mission three is to zoom up to a fucking robot and PUNCH IT TO DEATH i love PUNCHING with robots. MELEE COMBAT IS AN INTEGRAL PART OF MECHA BATTLES

5 Likes

any time i have twin/inseperable characters in a jrpg now im going to name them ‘iguferon’ and ‘iguphan’

4 Likes

front mission 3 is easily the best one because the other front missions are hard as fuck. i love the shop music in fm1 but like its way too hard and confusing, and melee sucks ass until front mission 3 anyway, and front mission 4 penalizes you for letting your parts get blown to shit in every battle which fm3 doesnt really at all. fm3 is what i wanted battletech to be like!!

Welcome to the world of illegal activities!

16 Likes

also on emmas route theres a conversation where ryogo spends like 5 minutes calling one of your new squadmates butch and a dyke and im not really sure why its in the game other than to be completely shitty?? justice for cindy

yeah it is kind of incredible how much better FM3 is than the PC battletech game specifically

2 Likes

daphny did this stage where like two truckfuls of men in suits with slicked back hair pulled up at a 4 way intersection and they murked them so hard during the first turn all the spooks started turning around and sprinting in the other direction like fuck this, and then daphny slaughtered them to almost the last man and stole two of their wanzers within the first 3 turns and i couldn’t help but think that something awesome like that would have taken about 550 fucking turns in battletech

6 Likes
4 Likes

i fucking hate ayoga so much, like he kept trying to mystery method her OH IF YOU’RE BUTCH THATS NOT GONNA GET A DATE WITH ME ugh why did i choose his path WHY DID I HANG OUT WITH AYOGA

i wonder if the other route is just that toothbrush scene from monogatari with my sister

1 Like

Haven’t played either Psychonauts but every once in a while I find being comfortably unchallenging a gift from games to me. That’s how I felt going through Monster World IV recently, puzzles for babies + like one simple gimmick to comprehend per level means i just keep press button against this thing until I finish and that’s it. See some art…talk to some people…finish a little story…reflect a lil on Aladdin racist…mission accomplished. Do a little dance.
Sometimes it’s just nice to have something mostly inoffensive that constitutes a novel enough experience to occupy a part of my mind that would otherwise be overactive. Like Solitaire or something.

7 Likes

Finally an honest review of Monster World IV.

2 Likes

I started replaying FM3 (never finished it back in the day because of it pulling the ole “you have to use all your unleveled characters” routine) and it’s great! Then I started replaying other PS1 classics and they’re great! Doing it on emu and they look fine but then something snapped in me and I refuse to continue until I can get a fully rigged playstation with the ps1digital HDMI converter and Xstation installed, or barring that find a perfectly sized CRT. I’m annoyed at myself for wanting the closest thing to perfection possible but I mean if any console deserves it…

2 Likes