I recently imported a couple projects into GameMaker Studio 2. Although I was disappointed when the platform left the hands of Mark Overmars years ago, they’ve made a lot of improvements for this version. A few things I’ve noticed so far:
- Finding resources is easy, with everything in that big tree with a search box at the top.
- You can easily integrate with GitHub for source control and collaboration. I set this up the other night.
- You can add descriptions to alarm events so they are easily identifiable.
- When a child object inherits an event from a parent object, you can see the event in the child object’s list in a different color with the parent identified.
- Saving and loading a project is much faster.
If anyone else is using this, maybe we can compare notes.
One thing that has given me a lot of trouble in the past is trying to scale to fit different resolutions while keeping pixels perfect at full screen. The theory is clear enough but I’ve always fought with the implementation. I tried something new last night based on a tutorial, and it at least looks right on my monitor at default resolution.