fishing games you have known and loved

so, i am playing through fisherman’s bass club

it’s great! it’s incredibly simple, you just pick a lure, cast and go.

no driving your boat around, no changing views, no fish radar. NOTHING FANCY

cast and go. summon fish to thine hook

the challenges seem nuts though

PS i’m streaming some for a few hours before work https://www.twitch.tv/meauxdal

1 Like

When I was a very small shrug I would go fishing with my dad. I have no distinct memories of this, just images of a couple piers we cast lines off of, and getting a fish hook stuck in my scalp (probably more than one, more than once) in the attempt. One of these is moored to a photo of me age 5 or so in a Seahawks hoodie crouched in the gravel poking at a dead… trout? I want to call it a trout, because there’s a story my father tells of us going fishing and I’m sure my undiagnosed adhd brain was screaming from the idleness and while we tried to catch rainbow trout, we kept hauling in bass, tearing the hook out of their mouths and throwing them back in. I started saying “Damn bass!” over and over, sometimes when we caught another but sometimes just to break the tedium.

When I visited my cousins in northern Idaho they’d make me follow them to Whatever Creek or River to watch them fish (I didn’t have a license, or a pole). One day as I waded through some shallows I stepped in a sink hole and plunged in up to my neck and probably scared the fish off for miles.

Fire Emblem won’t let me cook the fish that’s worth 1000 gold.

7 Likes

this list is really great

it’s got sub-lists for all the consoles, too

6 Likes

Bassins Black Bass with Hank Parker looks delightful. I really hope to play some of these while I keep exploring the Saturn.

Edit: Ah! There’s no Saturn category!

1 Like

could this thread be moved to galaxy oddity?

3 Likes

@MintyJuffowup http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23216

1 Like

big the cat

1 Like

Oh hey, it’s the first forum I ever joined when I was thirteen!

Sea Bass Fishing looks almost too exciting.

Oh man:

2 Likes

Holy shit racketboy. I made a genuinely unironic thread titled lonely videogames or something aged 14. The cringe is real.

3 Likes

Wait, can we revive this thread in SB?

1 Like
1 Like

I’ll be streaming Sea Bass Fishing on the Sega Saturn at 5 pm Eastern.

3 Likes

EZR6sD8WAAEqBPx

17 Likes

Yesterday I bought Big Ol’ Bass 2 and they put the wrong disc in the case. Really anxious about going back to the store tomorrow and trying to explain that I wanted Big Ol’ Bass 2 (2000) and not Fisherman’s Bait 2: Big Ol’ Bass (1999)

18 Likes

Does Famista 94 count

Ok you can’t see the water here but

You can here, wow, baseball is now a fish game of sorts.

7 Likes

I’m ready to play THE GREATEST FISHING GAME OF ALL TIME

4 Likes

the post was free

6 Likes

Excuse me, what is this?

8 Likes