fishing games you have known and loved

hey, i am looking for good fishing games. fishing games are a special kind of relaxation, but most of them suck!!! what are some good fishing games?

yes i know about the itoi bass fishing game!!! i haven’t played it yet but i want to

3 Likes

big ol’ bass 2 is the coolest. my friends and i played that non-stop for a couple of months on our bootleg ps1.

you can catch a t-rex and the music is incredible

6 Likes

Not exclusively fishing games but I enjoyed the activity in Far Cry 5 and Red Dead 2.

1 Like

Ridiculous Fishing but it’s the exact opposite of relaxing.

Legend of the River King

okay I’m done shitposting now I’ve never really played a dedicated fishing game

2 Likes

+1

always meant to look into the sequel(s?)

4 Likes

sega bass

ffxv

neir

everybodys golf fishing wasn’t very good

5 Likes

what is the rpg with the best fishing minigame? i feel like i enjoy it in the BOF games, but it always feels sort of tangential to the rest of the game.

in both BoF 2 and 3, it always feels like it is just functionally irrelevant until you get The Good Rod, and then after that figuring out which spot has the best loot is kind of a chore

i feel like you’re supposed to enjoy these things for their own sake, but imo they don’t really succeed on that level either. unless you’re just like a fishing enthusiast for whom even the slightest amount of pandering to your chosen hobby feels like a gift

i think i would have to say the best fishing in a non-fishing game is in Link’s Awakening, in that it is fun to do and doesn’t feel totally disconnected from the rest of the game

1 Like
1 Like

thinking about it right now, ocarina of time’s seems kind of spectacular

3 Likes

One of those unfair Nintendo moments where they have a minigame more fully-featured than a bunch of full-priced games on the same platform

4 Likes

i think i am going to try streaming let’s plays of fishing games
need to find some good ones!

2 Likes
1 Like

the fishing in ffxiv rules. i like games where you can catch a fish then use the caught fish to catch an even BIGGER fish

mooooch

6 Likes

platformer
racer
fighter
shooter
… fisher?

… fishmonger?

1 Like

Fi-shim or Fi-sim

1 Like

I think some variation of this satisfaction is why I liked Viva Piñata

3 Likes

breath of fire IV

2 Likes

What’s up I love fishing games. They are tied with tennis games as the best videogame genre. I would recommend legend of the river king 2 for gbc or the n64 one, whichever one’s graphics you prefer. Also big big rec for fishing master on the wii by Hudson. But also please post about any games you try because I’d love to learn about new ones. There are so many fishing games!!! I’d love to hang out in a fishing stream so how can we be notified of this???

4 Likes

i don’t know shit about fishing games besides Zelda mini games and Legend of the River King (which rules), but i saw this today and (watch the video)

(idk how to not embed their obligatory “(oh shit this went viral) HIRE ME” tweet but hey i hope they get hired)

Oh also we have a non axe fishing games thread too!

1 Like