🔥👍🌍

so, after 12 years, there’s finally a new fire pro wrestling game coming out! it’s called fire pro world, and it’s for pc and ps4!

this might be the game that gets me to pay for ps+!

EXCITING~

3 Likes

I’ll probably get this on Steam and prepare the SB World Heavyweight Championship Tournament

definitely interested in getting down with Steam SBers

If management of the ring ever gets added to this thing I may never play another game.

I don’t buy early access games for several reasons and I’m not sure any of them could stop me from picking this up at the earliest possible moment.

BTW, if it is still in the game I’ve got dibs on the Turbo Drop II. You all have to use something else as your finisher.

I used to play the Saturn and PS2 versions of this pretty regularly. I’m totally up for this.

Worth noting it is the time of year where I use Fire Pro Returns to simulate my march madness bracket and try to beat my friends, who actually follow college basketball, with it.

It generally only works so well (aside from the one year it accurately predicted the eventual champ, that is literally the only time I ever pulled for Duke) but I refine it a bit each year and this year I’ve finally found an advanced statistic that when run through random maths gives me a really good spread of wrestlers in terms of how strong they are in terms of attributes. Just need to run the actual pair of tournaments (FPR maxes out at 32 wrestlers per tourney), enter the results into the ESPN site and win the whole thing as clearly this is the year it all goes right for me.

…This is the right way to play the game, right?

4 Likes

Do you have a wrestler represent a team or do you make wrestlers for each of the players?

I have a wrestler represent each team, I think I could do 4 on 4 tag matches but a tourney full of them would take forever, would require more wrestlers than I have and I think would be more likely to produce random results.

Also I’m stuck using the included default wrestlers as a) different edit makers scale stats differently and b) looking up the total attribute points in-game is absurdly time consuming.

Here’s a screenshot of the spreadsheet I crafted, I’m sure it is totally evidence that I’m not crazy.

(AdjEM is the advanced stat that rates each team, 4.66 is added to that value as the lower teams go into the negatives and that brings the lowest included one to 1, 4.9 is what I multiply everything by to get stats on roughly the same scale as the ones in the game, to which I add 60 at the end to bring the lowest entry up to the 65 point total of the lowest ranked wrestler in the game and puts the highest point total at about 240 which corresponds to a hall of fame level wrestler.)

(Never let me check your math homework).

2 Likes

some new features announced here

the yay/boo spot

finisher stealing

struggling towards the ropes while locked into a submission move

Since the next big announcement for the game is about a week or so away and is being hosted by Danshoku Dino (if you don’t know who he is… I’m not sure if that is your loss or gain) my hope is that of the 80 or so new moves one of them is finally the kancho.

I got an email from Steam saying this is out. How do I play as Macho Man?

Did ya look in the Steam Workshop thing?

I didn’t get much of a chance to poke around. I can say the UI isn’t super responsive and the Xbone controller doesn’t feel right for this, but it’s definitely Fire Pro.

I don’t think any of the default dudes are based on real wrestlers but my knowledge cuts off around '92 so I could be wrong.

the built-in roster is all-original so they can do a worldwide release without any complications. and because they know that for the past decade or so, people have been playing the ps2 game with pretty much all-caw rosters anyway

The copyright/trademark (I always forget which is which) situation in Japan is apparently less willing to look the other way nowadays compared to days of Firepro yore, so they wisely decided to not risk getting sued out of existence. Only 30 default wrestlers who seem to be based on no one in particular (apparently one is a bit Lex Luger-esque) but I assume within a week or two you can DL a lot of the current big names, perhaps a bit longer if only because they changed one key component of how you create edits so it may take some experimentation by the big edit makers before they are truly comfortable. Within a few months you can probably DL anyone.

I hopped on the Steam workshop. It looks like you mostly download individual dudes, and then you have to go into the game and create a fake league with a fake stable for putting your real dudes in. People are starting to assemble downloadable collections of dudes, though, so the future looks bright.

Working on an updated suit-wearing Kazunari Murakami and Nobutaka Araya since it seems no one else is. I hope the end goal with this game is just straight up licensing likenesses from the major Japanese promotions, but still using the fake names.

the ps4 version finally has a release time of “summer 2018”, and will include not only officially licensed versions of the current new japan pro wrestling roster, but also a story mode in which the player is an up-and-coming new star debuting at njpw!

from a wider perspective, this is really interesting in a few ways. it’ll be the first time in nearly a decade that a non-wwe promotion has had an official wrestling game released in the west (and the last ones were the tna game and the aaa game, neiter of which anyone bought or cared about).
also, new japan are really gaining in popularity in the west in a big way these days, and fire pro has become super-popular since releasing on steam, thanks to its “anything goes” creation modes.
it might be the first time this century that the wwe faces actual competition, both in real wrestling and in wrestling games

1 Like