Final Fantasy 7: The Original, The Remake, The Legacy

I’ll say that having followed the JP FF7 version in LPs that the English translation definitely makes less sense than the original game’s text. Not by a huge margin, but by enough.

and yeah there is Sephiroth and there is Jenova and most of the game is about Jenova which everyone thinks is Sephiroth but really isn’t, not anymore anyway. A conjuration of memories and impressions much like how post-infusion Cloud was built out of Tifa’s own past knowledge. It’s important how Sephiroth basically doesn’t exist until after Cloud has exposure to Jenova in Midgar. It’s kind of cool but it’s not at all well explained.

Nomura just bugs me because he seems to be very one note.

1 Like

@Brooks you been to that shop in Ura Harajuku that is pretty much a cathedral? I really wanted to go in and look around. I also felt like if I went in they’d point at me and tell me to get the fuck out.

No, they would not

Tokyo’s salesgrunts are obsequious to the limits of my patience

Not even the dopes that work at the various Supremes can manage the otherwise brand-mandated chilliness to punters (which is otherwise always extrafunny to me because Supreme stuff is usually trashtastic)

I like when the bad guy in jrpgs are space aliens like jenova, lavos, this guy from zeliard

2 Likes

Does Nomura just do characters? I loved the environment/world designs of FF8. They were actually quite elegant for a JRPG.

And you forgot to mention TWEWY.

whenever i come across sth from that game, be it the album-covers, a screenshot (e.g. this:

) i fondly remember how good this game was. almost literally the entire gaming I did on the DS went into this game.

in FF7-news, today I thought that there could be a way to entice (jaded) players to go back:
have a bonus-episode where they go all Far Cry:Blood Dragon with the franchise.

will never happen, i know, but somehow I'd love to see that …

Wouldn’t that episode just be vanilla FF7?

good point. Swimmy’s FF7 Replay could pass as being that episode. Case closed!

ooh thanks for posting this

i’ve sort of stopped my playthrough when, uh, i got mad cuz i…i couldn’t catch a chocobo right away

Finally, something we can all agree on!

Sqaresoft: Well, we’d like to have the US version out by Christmas as well, but it’s just that there’s so much text to localize…

Sony: Oh, don’t even worry about that! We can take care of that.

Squaresoft: Wait…REALLY? That would be a huge help!

Sony: Of course! Don’t give it another thought!

Squaresoft: Wow, thanks so much! I can’t believe it–you guys are great! You’re sure you can handle it, though? It’s a lot of text.

Sony: I mean, we’ve never localized anything before, but… Yeah, sure–whatever.

Squaresoft: Well that’s all I needed to hear!

Has there ever been a fan-made “Streets of Midgar” 2.5 D belt scroller w Tifa, Barrett and Cloud as playable characters, Streets of Rage style? If not, why not?

1 Like

that looks like complete shit.

sign me up

1 Like

It’s ugly and admirable all at once (also I think you can download a demo?).

I want Ifrit to take a fiery dump all over me~

Can we just appreciate for a moment that Evan conjured something into existence through the power of wishes?

The power of my wish was only enough to conjure a steaming pile of poo :frowning: