Fi-i-re E-mbu-lem

dorcas is just one of those characters that’s easy meme fodder because he’s such a blank slate. he has nothing memorable going for him whatsoever, so you can just project whatever you like onto him. i appreciate them rolling with that, here and overseas.

and that guy’s fire emblem LPs were one of the earliest LPs i followed while learning japanese. he was kind of hard to understand but that was actually part of the attraction. i later discovered that he was actually really drunk half the time and him being impossible to understand was also something natives had to deal with.

i think i might rewatch them. or at least the ones where he’s so tanked that nobody has any idea what he is trying to do, least of all him. don’t worry, jp knowledge doesn’t make him much more understandable.

Funny, many of the comments on Dorcas-related videos have ENG people bragging about how it was their efforts and their memes that got him 12th most popular male Fire Emblem character spot in the popularity vote. Some even claim that the JP folks are very frustrated at the western fans about it. Oh language barriers…

Not sure if you’re as familiar with Genealogy of the Holy War but a lot of people seemed happy about the recent addition of Arden and how they leaned into his in-jokes like his uniheritable Pursuit Ring
https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Arden/Quotes#Japanese

The Russel of FE? (though to be fair, Russel is a very good support unit in OG2)

I am playing this a little bit lately and rolled that new Mia and is it me or she has ridiculous amounts of Attack? Like she’s already at 30something and I’ve got her only at level 11 or so.

5-star units are completely unstoppable at lower levels usually due to their unique “legendary” weapons and their higher Mt. value. It levels out slightly when you hit the max.

Pretty much all new heroes released lately though have a boosted stat total that was previously reserved only for “Trainee” units like Donnel and the child dragons (Young Tiki, Fae and Nowi). “Powercreep” is word that’s growing more popular on fan sites. Guessing this is par for the course for these gacha games?

Yeah it’s not even just gacha games, it’s common in any game that uses the current successful model for free to play games. To keep players interested they contantly add new content that is better than old content, constantly outdating older content which already had relative usefulness

My current roommate who only plays League and FEH has said in conversations about this “powercreep is in every game ever” because he has never played a vidcon

Reinhardt and Cecilia still own tho

Yeah Reinhardt is still I’m pretty sure strictly the best blue tome user and one of the best characters in general

He’s also quite dashing. I’m really sad they didn’t do Sexy Vampire Reinhardt for Halloween, he already looks like Dracula

1 Like

https://twitter.com/jskflgkl/status/938494565971087361

https://selectbutton.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/original/3X/b/2/b234e04c56cd992864e69a1d3b21d393b44be0b5.mp4

hector is the bestor

edit: when is selectbutton going to fix deleting of mp4s. no, really. when.

6 Likes

5 Likes

this has a mini rhythm game now that just plays the BG music on loop

Fire Emblem will never die

Only a single song across 20 levels sure is a bold choice. Weird that chosen difficulty and rank has absolutely no effect on your reward too.

The NES theme from Shadow Dragon they added for the new special training maps though is real good stuff though and it’s a crime that the enemy phase music has to interrupt it.

Also, finally getting some pre-Awakening event units

Spring festival Reinhardt next??

1 Like

I rolled Armored Lyn (like what is that dress made of?) and now regret not rolling wedding dress Lyn to have a full Lynsquad.

1 Like

insane to even me that i’m still playing this game

still emblin’

there’s a new mode now where the map is like 4 times the size and you get tons of lil guys out there at once

then they integrated that mode it into some kind of weird meta strategy game that makes no sense to me because i switched my language to chinese and i’m not patient enough to read it carefully

Update: I rolled Green Archer Lyn, we have achieved the Lynsquad.

Anyway, been playing this a little bit more lately and I have the project of merging all the Bartres and Berukas I’ve rolled so far to make mega four star units. It will take time*. Wish Beruka had a more interesting skillset, like the design of that armor.

*: I leveled my 5* Nino I rolled middle last year this week, to give a measure.

1 Like

What finally had me quit this was my analysis paralysis over what to do with all the fodder units I get. Want to keep at least one of each around for the collection’s sake but what if I one day REALLY NEED 3 Hone Cavalarys from Gunters for a sudden horse emblem? Think my fears mostly stems from early on when I couldn’t pull a furious Hinata for months. Currently at 2 over max capacity and no clue who to let go so just not cut out for these gacha things.

Still play that rhythm game when they make new stuff for it though.

1 Like

Was on the same boat, but I decided that stuff like Beruka or Bartre are safe because I open them all the time anyways. Also, not so many skills to legate. Basically I give a cursory glance, something that I would like to legate? Keep a couple. No? Merge or send home. Reach the point where some of the 4* I opened so much I don’t care about keeping anymore.

Failed to open any wedding dress character, but opened a 5* and she seems decent enough (also I have no dragons whatsoever) so I guess is good enough.

Main / merge anyone who has unique skills or weapons
Store everyone who has reposition, vantage, good special attacks for skill inheritance
Send the rest home
Be relentless

This
Is
War

1 Like

i upgraded severa up to five stars in this game and i refuse to replace her

Though given that “PVP” is just playing against teams made by another players but not controlled by then, how important is optimizing stuff in the end? You can allow yourself to go for silly stuff when building.

But yeah, keep those Barst and Lon’Qu, those are always useful.