FGC##201Xrd Reload[st] - Now on Steam! (Part 1)

I will buy a Bayo amiibo

judge me if you must

I don’t even play Smash anymore but I will drop 7 bucks for Bayonetta, all praise be to Platinum

After Burner theme confirmed for Smash though

Everyone who isn’t Sega cares more about Sega than Sega does itself, even Bamco and Nintendo

http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2015/12/17/announcing-steam-os-support-for-sfv

Finally, using Linux for 20 years is really starting to pay off now

(As someone who really detests the way Win10 is going, this is making me so happy)

I wonder what kind of hell someone at Capcom USA went through to make that happen

1 Like

I would love for Sony to have insisted on the Linux port purely out of spite.

1 Like

that humble bundle is both so amazing and so terrible

it’s amazing in that there’s a way to conveniently and extremely cost-effectively legally own a bunch of really fucking good snk titles of yore - but they package them in the dotemu trainwreck that is just so infuriatingly awful - but then they allow you to just pull the roms out - which is actually the best solution. which bring me to… why don’t game companies just sell roms now? fuck virtual console, fuck ps1 classics, this shit is better!

except most people who buy this will just play in dotemu and i feel bad that that’s happening so it sucks again

but damn these games are so good

anyway back on-topic, i will fightcade people

1 Like

I am not usually a Zangief kind of guy, but I had a lot of fun with him the in the current sfv beta. Even his confusing super animation started to grow on me, especially with how it leaves your opponent planted in the ground at round’s end. Pretty sure I wasn’t using his v-trigger remotely correctly. I like that you get a guaranteed crush counter off of whiffed dps (that’s new-ish, right?). Really emphasizes what a bad idea that shit is.
A bunch of early matches ended with knockdown->wait->SHORYUKEN->crush counter hp->easiest 720 in fighting game history. Satisfying.

I eventually spent enough time playing Medium Punch Fighter V to have a little bit of a feel for the game. Ryu is “boring” but he’s the only character I tried who even clicked a little, so, eh, fireball-uppercutguy it is. Though I still don’t “get” Street Fighter the way I “get” anime fighting games. See me in Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition.

No, seriously, see me in that game.

you can’t keep hiding behind anime fighting games forever

Watch me!

That new Hori Fighting Stick Mini 4 for PS4/3 is on sale now: http://www.amazon.com/HORI-Fighting-Stick-Mini-PlayStation-4/dp/B014KXMEW4

It’s $39.99, tiny, and compatible with PS4/3. The previous version was apparently garbage but I find it really appealing because it’s tiny and I have tiny lady hands.

I don’t even play fighting games much anymore, but I like the idea of a fighting stick the size of a PS2 box.

Here is a screencap from a youtube review of the Mini 3 that I enjoyed for obvious reasons:

Should I get it? I already have 3 other sticks that I never use, albeit they’re for different consoles. Tell me no ITT.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I posted it on Twitter yesterday but might as well do it here too: a cool Japanese Youtube guy posted the soundtracks to the Japanese mobile-only SNK Athena games: ATHENA ON STAGE

and ATHENA FULL THROTTLE

The latter being a sequel(?) to the original Athena arcade game, featuring art by the Twinkle Star Sprites artist.

It’s 40 bucks which is 20 dollars less than a PS4 controller and 10 dollars more than a Sanwa stick itself… and you only have 3 sticks if you ever happen to want to emulate TMNT…

I handled a Mini 3 in The Only Local Used Games Shop a while back. It actually felt worse than you’d expect for the price.

haven’t read this thread until now.

let’s fightcade y’all~ (pinging @mothmanspirit @Brooks and @Persona itt). i mostly play third strike, alpha 3, kof '98 and '02. puzzle fighter seems fun though so i might check that out!

i’m thinking about buying kof xiii since it’s so cheap on steam. i’m abismally bad at core king o’ fighting and just now i’m starting to get almost-decent at them street fighters so i don’t know if it would be a nice game to dive into.

reminder that i will take all comers in divekick, which i maintain is the most misunderstood fighting game of all time

the Fencer character they added is terribly unbalanced, but if you ignore that the roster is still fine

i have that one and am terrible at it.

let’s play sometime :3

Me too! Steam in profile.

hi @gary i added you c:

sup @tibyz i am here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/iamseven