Felix Fantasy Tactics: The Zodiac Killer

I have revived my final fantasy tactics script rewrite project because I’m irritated that people still regard Matsuno’s scripts as difficult to follow

early patch up through chapter 1 coming tonight or tomorrow

please wait for it, and then play it, and test it for me, and take screenshots, and enjoy it

1 Like

this sounds like exactly the kind of stupid thing I should be doing

song put in wrong game

2 Likes

OK!!!

I was able to figure out the state I’d left the toolchain in four years ago & port most of the chapter 1 script I’d already redone into this new encoding format pretty easily, plus there aren’t any balance changes I desperately want to make to the early game (I have too much affection for the existing overpowered strats so my only real interest spreadsheet-wise is in making a bunch of the later bosses harder)

so here is Felix Fantasy Tactics Chapter One: Class Issues

I tactfully changed some of the less necessary proper nouns & gave the whole thing better flow & made it a little more biting in places, I hope

haven’t touched the lore dumps yet (neither at the bars nor from the brave story option in the menu) so please do not judge, those are not particularly interesting to me. does someone else want to do those??? you can just handle the prose and I’ll do the encoding and embedding!

will try to get chapter 2 done by sunday if anyone is interested (and probably even if they aren’t), saves will be compatible and I probably won’t nerf anything in the meantime

please point out things you don’t like about it and screenshot the parts you do

this will probably be my excuse to finally play FFT if it gets finished

I made some changes and haven’t recompiled this yet!!!

I wouldn’t have to do this if ted woolsey hadn’t refused to move to LA in 1996

felix i’ve got a ted woolsey story for you one day

so I’m assuming you find the extravagance of the PSP translation distasteful?

horrifically

How can I help

do you feel like rewriting all of the bar info dumps and the brave story lore

if not, what else do you want to work on??

the existing hacking tools are pretty good & I have the logistics down there so I don’t need help with that part

i think you should still get hit when you hamedo

1 Like

but then it’s just a counter except you get to attack first? I could get down with that but the jp cost is pretty high and hamedo is already worse than blade grasp even though it seems cooler

when you get further into the game i space out re: balance issues so I am sure everything is better than hamedo. but I remember saving up to get it and then thinking HM… THIS IS TOO GOOD (even though I wanted it to be extremely good)

the whole rest of the game is like that tho

but it should be way cheaper too, true

are you not touching any of that stuff

I haven’t really decided yet, my only balancing commitments right now are “make all of the defeat-this-boss battles after orlandu (including the couple of zodiac monsters and the murond battles) more difficult”

like I said, I don’t really want to weaken anything if I can help it, because it’s great to feel strong in FFT

help is very welcome though!!

Would I need prior FFT info to rewrite it?

I’m too busy to help with this (even just playing) right now but I am extremely interested! I’ll check back next week and play whatever build you’ve got.

So is the PSP translation not done by Alexander O. Smith? I haven’t played it but assumed it was, and that it was good…

… well

(this was a response to glam but it didn’t sneak in. you would probably have a hard time just trying to copyedit without prior knowledge. you should play my version and then develop opinions!!)

no it’s like alex o smith fanfiction and it’s horrendous

they aerithed all the names but a million times worse

1 Like