Felix Fantasy Tactics: The Zodiac Killer

I think I liked what I remember of the psp translation except BALBANES was way better than Balbaneth

can we rename cloud to Clod

3 Likes

make orlandu a feeble oldster instead

what would be dope actually is if you could edit the dropped crystals for all the special characters so they give you a neat skill for your squire or knight set (or whatever else). like if you are willing to let agrias go you can have other dudes steady swording

this is excruciatingly low-level-play thinking donā€™t listen to me

1 Like

donā€™t noteth blame me, casteth thine judgement onth thine deity, or indeed thyself, my good bitch

5 Likes

see thatā€™s the kind of post that makes me feel like I give bloodpotions too freely (too frehely)

2 Likes

how about instead of ā€œRamzaā€ we name him Rammer

yā€™all Iā€™m halfway through chapter 2

I just remembered that the PSP version translated Rofel as ā€œLoffrey,ā€ which is some Raul Chamgerlain shit

Did you know that the western PS1 release was made easier in a lot of regards compared to the JP release (reduced boss health, smaller JP costs, bonuses to Ramzaā€™s stat growth, etc)? The PSP version kept the original Japanese difficulty for its western release. All releases of the PSP version however nerf the Wiegraf duel significantly.

I had no idea! I think the balance of the first three chapters is generally really good (the only thing that makes that part of the game too easy is if you figure out how strong first-level summons are with black mage stats and steal oveliaā€™s MA gear) and itā€™s just the fourth thatā€™s really limp (though ā€œbossā€ HP being explicitly too low is one of the things that stand out; TO and FFT are both really exciting in terms of the best defense being a good offense, but itā€™s just too easy to end those later fights quickly). The wiegraf duel is really simple if you have auto potion and ninja but still probably indefensibly hostile to first time players, especially if they have the wrong zodiacā€¦

one of my favorite FFT prostrats, though itā€™s late enough that it barely matters, is that meliadoul is insanely good as a lancer ā€“ she can wear power sleeve and setiemson in her stock class, making her the only one who can equip a spear and do so, and if you get the javelin from nelveska and learn jump 9, she can basically one-shot anything on the map.

thereā€™s lots of brokenly good endgame combinations but that one seems underappreciated

So is this rewrite like one of those Japanese -> English -> German translations except itā€™s instead Japanese -> English -> English

Strange, but thereā€™s a certain logic to it. Now I wonder what else might logically deserve this kind of treatment.

Iā€™m also kind of interested in the concept of totally reinventing the script of an existing videogame or comic, without touching the art. And seeing how far you can go in making it different while still remaining internally consistent. That is the logical conclusion of this

4 Likes

I actually have access to the scripting engine they used to make the characters walk and interact during the cutscenes and itā€™s a thing of beauty but I donā€™t think I want to fuss with it

Sign off every cutscene with reed flute pan upwards

2 Likes

the original english script was so weak, yā€™all

like, the writing and presentation is fantastic and it couldnā€™t take away from that, the story is fully intact, but the dialog really isnā€™t there

even with my terrible taste this is a clear improvement

Iā€™ve done like 1.5 drafts up through goug, does anyone want me to recompile this tonight, or can you wait until I finish chapter 2?

@Tulpa @the_kyphosis_gamer

I need some cuchulainn dialog

lay it on me

CĆŗchulainn caught sight of the girlā€™s breasts over the top of her dress.
ā€˜I see a sweet country,ā€™ he said. I could rest my weapon there.ā€™

1 Like

OK I got it locked down

okay jokes aside how do I actualy help you out with this my dude

play it and let me know what you think and if you feel like working on the text dumps other than the dialog!

Iā€™m gonna post a build up through the end of chapter 2 tonight or tomorrow then take a little break to play that far myself, there are only a couple scenes Iā€™m not happy with yet.