favourite films of the 2010s

glad you’re all here to remember the good films for me

1 Like

they remember it, so you don’t have to

okay everyone said movies i like so i dont have to actually remember what came out in the last ten years

did anyone do it from memory or were you all checking letterboxed or whatever

I opened up the folder I keep movies in on my hard drive, took a long at the ones I’d kept, then cross referenced my Netflix watch history and some film festival ticket confirmation emails

1 Like

i just looked at my letterboxd and hit the button that said “2010s” on it

1 Like

I’m deeply anormal because I’m at the old age of over 30 and still think this has been the best decade for both movies and videogames

My fav movies would be:

Arrival
Interstellar
Paterson
Fury Road
Parasite
Okja
A ghost story
Mother!
Good time
Neon demon
Heartbeats (Dolan)

2 Likes

Have you read any of Zahler’s novels? I like his movies but I think his style works even better in book form. My favorite is Wraiths of the Broken Land.

You might know this already, but in Dragged Across Concrete when the characters comment on a song playing in a restaurant the singer is Zahler. (Also, I find that song’s lyrics amusing.)

The one with me in it

1 Like

get out

the shape of water

sorry

1 Like

I have kept paper lists of the games and movies ive experienced since about 2012.

1 Like

mad max: fury road

shoplifters

the act of killing

shin godzilla

john wick

edge of tomorrow

dragon ball super: broly

under the skin

a touch of sin

the wind rises

2 Likes

Yeah I forgot, I adored the shape of water too. Lotta great stuff going on in that one.

1 Like

oh fuck I forgot about mad max. that one too. there’s probably a lot of movies I saw, I just don’t really attach a year to them in my mind

unrelated to the rest of the thread, but i have started doing this with tokusatsu and also wrestling matches i see live and real arcade games i get to play

the comedy
good time
the woman who left
the florida project
hypernormalisation
a star is born
the human surge
shy boys irl
who is arthur chu
spring breakers

what i havent seen yet but i feel like would be my favs:
wobble palace
heaven knows what
project x
joker

2 Likes

even I didn’t expect this thread to make my tastes look quite so bourgeois by comparison

1 Like

Greatly enjoyed this one

Anyone who hasn’t seen it, just watch it. avoid trailers/synopsis. Jessica Chastain and Michael Shannon.

movies are the only way I can still keep track of time

1 Like

Def a mistake that Get Out and The Wind Rises aren’t in my list.

A touch of sin
The assassin
Moonlight

I keep trying to make this list longer but honestly nothing comes close