fashion thread

this

it’s sad that phoenix’s weather mandates a single layer of clothing for two-thirds of the year. i would be buying so many jackets and cardigans and stuff otherwise, let me tell you what

these are real pretty but i haven’t decided if i want to wear them on my body yet. edit: yes i am weeb scum

https://liveheroes.com/en/product/show/181479

3 Likes

That tank is pretty fuckin’ sweet

i am weeb enough to wear those

hey so who can get me into lunarcore, I want to look like a spaceman

it is probably fashion reserved specifically for people above a certain income bracket likely uhhh dang though moon pants look like something adam Jensen would wear as an extra outfit in deus ex: human rev and that’s basically the aesthetic I want

queer techno wizard

Digging the new Wales Bonner collection, SS17 Ezekiel. Nowfashion has some great close-ups which you really need to look at to get the detailing washed out by the lighting.

In lieu of like, a full comment im just gonna paste what I said to a friend:

One line of thought a lot of reviews pick up on is gender fluidity. I think it’s probably more accurate to say that wales bonner is trying to find flamboyance in masculinity, to weave out a kind of femininity from the core of masculinity, than to bend anything- look at the way she uses symbols of wealth like pearls as adornment, or the military cross kinda things on the chests of the last few looks. The Vogue Review makes this point as well.

And i guess this fits better with her stated examination of black masculinity: it’s less about mixing new things in than bringing it out

This collection is pretty interesting to think about in the context of that thread (i dont know if you ever read it here is the thread) I linked a week or two ago about the feminine in fashion and how androgyny/ unisex clothes are always just mens clothes. It’s always just dressing women in mens clothes and men in mens clothes, always minimal because they come out of the current trend to minimal streetwear and stuff [shit like this]. But in doing this they represent this continued denigration of the feminine, of detail, of texture, of all these things you’d kind of associate with the word “beauty”, right?

Where finding that in menswear is like the core of wales bonner- the ornamentation, the pearls, the cowry shells, the insignias, the bands and belts and so on

But really i just stan for anything by the black uk diaspora

2 Likes

learn fashion from JRPG’s seven. adorn yourself with belts and buckles and straps. do it. u kno it to be tru

noooooooo

glammest i get is a dash of paisley and gucci horsebit loafers

Digging Ka Wa Key SS17. Wonderland has some nice preview with some cool but NSFW shots.

Closest I get to sheer thus far is clear plastic brollies

Wouldn’t eliminate other lanes though

PARIS FASHION WEEK SPRING SUMMER 17 BB

First up: New CDG!!! Light of my life. Good shots @ Dazed and Crash.fr. Dig the fortress vibes. Dreaming of ensconcing myself in one of these pieces and sitting on the beach over summer, like a fortress or a boat. Relatedly: I’ve only just realised that this piece from AW17 is totally a Conch Shell. Blue Witches is the collection that keeps on giving.

Second: I have never fallen head over heels for Junya Watanabe, but I dig the make-up in his new collection, and often I find that studying the make-up is a gateway into appreciating the whole

Im gonna update a bit more throughout the week as I get a chance.

incredible

2 Likes

I am imagining a dress that goes from 0 to that upon Potential Threat

1 Like

Margiela SS17

1 Like

oh, thank god for this thread. i spend half my days staring at clothes
i wear lots of black and never have enough of woolite to save them from fading hell

my wardrobe is basically that of a cartoon character in the sense that i have a bunch of white, grey, and black t’s with skinny jeans so it looks like i only have 3 shirts and 2 pairs of pants to anyone weird enough to pay attention.

I’ve been playing FFXIII lately, so let’s revisit this iconic campaign:

Ghesquierre, LV’s creative director, on the collection:

"We had an idea of this trip, of a woman who could be a digital heroine, like Tomb Raider, when she discovers an archaeological site.”

On the collaboration:

“It’s clear that the virtual aesthetic of video games is predominant in this collection. If we push the reflection about heroines, or what might constitute the nature of a woman whose actions can be so courageous that she becomes superior and iconic, it becomes obvious that a virtual entity integrates with the founding principles of the Maison. Lightning is the perfect avatar for a global, heroic woman and for a world where social networks and communications are now seamlessly woven into our life. She is also the symbol of new pictorial processes. How can you create an image that goes beyond the classic principles of photography and design? Lightning heralds a new era of expression.”

And on Lightning:

“Lightning is the fruit of Square Enix studios’ imagination, and she raises the question of immanence - that which takes place solely in the mind - in tomorrow’s world.”

Part of the promotion was an interview between the daily telegraph and the marketing team as lightning herself:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/people/final-fantasy-character-lightning-on-starring-in-louis-vuitton-c/

The materials with Lightning sync pretty naturally with this other video, prominently starring Fernanda Hin Lin Ly, who also opens the runway show (and there’s a third too, feat. Jaden Smith):

Here’s the runway show. The music is apparently from Minecraft- also note the vr/ ar/ some kinda tech ads playing in the corners of the room, and if you’re feeling pithy compare the corridor-like runway to FFXIII itself.

Link to runway photos. In their review Vogue calls the collection cyberpunk. Cyberpunk via bubblegum and crystal aesthetics sounds pretty neat, and yeah i would def play a Final Fantasy game that had these killer leather jackets (detail feat. matching bag and bug brooch).

My personal highlights:
1 (also pictured in this render of lightning).
2 (also pictured in this render of lightning).

Excited to see what the fashion in LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII is like.

4 Likes

And who could forget this equally iconic 2012 shoot for Arena Homme+ feat. Prada SS12 Men?

edit: The FF wikia has a running list of fashion collaborations and additional shots.

1 Like

fun interview with rick owens on uniforms. my wardrobe has been pretty unsettled recently- having a uniform is something i miss.

1 Like

Dicky O interviews are usually fun. A groundedness that defies the presentation