EVERYBODY VOTES 2 PART I: THE SELECTBUTTON.NET TOP 64 VIDCONS 2020 (voting closes september 15, 2020, midnight cst!!)

Democracy gave us Trump so I think I am happy to replace it with a Puyo based system instead

8 Likes

No, the United States has never been a Democracy, only Everybody Votes is a Democracy

12 Likes

So are we all just posting our picks in here, or is there going to be a series of polls?

1 Like

someone was playing the eva theme in gridania the other day and the ENTIRE TOWN WAS FUCKING PUMPED IT WAS AMAZING

PARKER IS RIGHT WE HAVE BARELY SCRATCHED THE SURFACE oh i cant wait to be so fucking annoying about this. oh wait, i always was. LIVING MY DREAM

1 Like

To post or not to post: the answer always is:

P O S T

3 Likes

From @anonymousā€™s post it looks like weā€™ll be putting in our actual votes here for this bracket starting on the 8th

I ainā€™t ever posted in my life and I ainā€™t gonna start now

6 Likes

the rationale for my choices will remain a matter for me and my god
i am content to be another number

5 Likes

But anyway my actual picks are probably going to be:

1.Minecraft

1. ??? Havenā€™t played either I think, gonna have to vote Snood on this one

3 Puyo

1. I think I only played Contra so I guess Iā€™ll go with that

2. Gosh darn, Yak vs SM is a tough one but Iā€™ll probably have to go with Super Metroid

3. Sonic 2

4. Deus Ex only because I never played Game Boy Camera, sorry everyone

5. Ikaruga, screw all Final Fantasies after 6

1 Like

most interesting picks in this bracket imo:

Screenshot_20200902-170508_Brave

Screenshot_20200902-170542_Brave

Screenshot_20200902-170718_Brave

Screenshot_20200902-170743_Brave

6 Likes

Dragon Quest 3, Disco Elysium, Gimmick!, Riven, who cares

2 Likes

you will not see my excellent votes until the official start date of september 8th i am important

7 Likes

I did not participate in the original voting to put games into this tournament. However, you are all criminals and I am now left with no choice but to bring justice to this lawless land

Look I love SFII:T. It was probably the first 2D fighter that I played, and it still kinda owns, but I just donā€™t have a taste for fighting games anymore. Minecraft has a fuckton of flaws, but it succeeds in being something meditative for me.

Minecraft.

When I played the fucked up Metal Slug 6 on the arcade cabinet, I couldnā€™t really remember what bosses were in 6? But it was quickly apparent something was wrong with the weird one-hit shit, and eventually I did realize it was in fact Metal Slug 3. But the experience of being absolutely baffled by this strange game was extremely interesting. I have no feelings about Crazy Taxi.

Fucked up Metal Slug 6/3

Puyos are cute, and itā€™s what kirby says. Puyo!

Puyo.

I have no particular love for Contra, but I have an immense love for SF3. Third Strike has some of the coolest fucken character designs in SF, and the strange overuse of color in their sprites is something Iā€™ve been obsessed with since I started thinking about and doing pixelart. Also I know I said I donā€™t have much taste for fighting games anymore and I DONā€™T but who are you my fucking dad?

Street Fighter III: Third Strike

Honestly I donā€™t have a lot of interaction with either of these games because Iā€™m a heathen, but Super Metroid is more compelling to me, so.

Super Metroid

Honestly the first one where I have to think about it. I never really liked the feeling of Sonic games, and I like NiGHTS aesthetically more, in general. However, I also hate clowns, and NiGHTS as a character is dangerously clown-adjacent. But ALSO theyā€™re a fellow NB so yknow thatā€™s cool.

NiGHTS: Into Dreams

While all of you fucking nerds were playing video games, you know what game I was playing? Real life sweaty, look it up. Oh you played a game about a man with a prosthetic body? Sorry poindexter, Iā€™m cultured so I already read Frankenstein. The doctor is the REAL monster, by the way. Check out this sick low-res photo I took of my dog.

Game Boy Camera

MMORPGS are cancelled. Also the first time my grilfriend touched this game she played it for like 9 hours straight. Give her back to me you digital devil (saga)

Ikaruga

12 Likes

Do Not Do This. It will just be mean spirited and get peopleā€™s feelings hurt.

4 Likes

Gonna post this so I donā€™t forget to vote.

Minecraft
Super Street Fighter II Turbo

Crazy Taxi
Metal Slug 6 (Metal Slug 3 romhack)

Everybody Votes
Puyo Puyo series

Street Fighter III Third Strike
Contra: Hard Corps

Yakuza 0
Super Metroid

NiGHTS Into Dreams
Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Game Boy Camera
Deus Ex

Ikaruga
Final Fantasy XIV

Final Fantasy VII
Rez

The Legend of Zelda II: Linkā€™s Awakening
Mirrorā€™s Edge

Super Mario 3D Land
Sky Odyssey

OutRun
Final Fantasy Tactics

2 Likes

The first round is mostly matchups I donā€™t need to think about,
but I love both these games

I might change my mind, but Iā€™m leaning Third Strike

2 Likes

the thing that might reasonably stop me picking 3s these days is how few fucks it gives about accommodating my latest input hardware schemes
diagonals are meant to be skipped, 1999!

3 Likes

ARE YOU JOKING ME.

HERE LET ME FIX THAT RIGHT NOW:

• IKARUGA
  • ZERORANGER
0 voters
3 Likes

itā€™s decided

9 Likes

also ZeroRanger versus FFXIV will be WILD.

1 Like