Every Extend Extra! Extra! (News Thread)

Nationwide the remaining Sega Arcades (which got sold off to a different company last year) will be rebranded as Gigo.

RIP

12 Likes
13 Likes

Gotta respect Iron Maiden for suing Ion Maiden but not Powerslave.

14 Likes

I screamed for a good hour when I found out GiGO stands for Get into the Gaming Oasis.

16 Likes

They know what’s up

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: discount elysium (deals thread 2)

33 Likes
7 Likes

https://twitter.com/BEEP_akihabara/status/1487291915120697349?s=20&t=npt-nCP0Lg9hjv9FlG787g

24 Likes

I love that they start with saying the cart is physically simulated. Concede that it’s a great question to ask why they would do that. Then proceed to explain the reasons behind various physics bugs they encountered due to having the cart be physically simulated while never answering the original rhetorical question of why they would physically simulate it in the first place.

I guess the part at the end about “games are more interesting when everything interacts with everything else” could be construed as an answer but it strikes me as a lot of unnecessary work for zero gain on the player side of it.

10 Likes
1 Like

Bethesda has principles, I think, that they don’t fully understand, and a lot of designers implementing things they wouldn’t be trusted with otherwise.

Gets them fun bugs but also Bethesda-quality writing, combat, flow…

2 Likes

Can’t tell if this is sarcastic or not

8 Likes

I think their save file structure is a beautiful monument to entropy, capital work

12 Likes

oh-ho

oh absolutely, having designers do most of your writing only results in good writing if you’re a team of like thirty people and got a critical success on every design hire. Scale up to a hundred fifty and you just get mediocre GMs like they have been. And bugs.

4 Likes

whew

1 Like

If you read the follow-up tweets, somebody asked why they didn’t sim the cart ride once to record the animations and thus ensure no hijinks can occur before the player gains control. The speculated reason (which the original poster confirmed) was that this was proposed multiple times but they just never got around to it during the chaos of production.

5 Likes

I wonder if forcing a bespoke, locked-in animation would prevent modding opportunities, like the very popular “alternate start” mods that skip that whole section

Fallout 4 is the GM licking their lips as they crease and tear your prepared character sheet in half

3 Likes
9 Likes