entrapment tactics

• can’t afford new sword
  • haven’t masturbated in six months because the walls are so thin and I’m afraid of the entire class showing up and wanting to participate the second I take my pants off
  • increasingly ornate tablecloths keep being delivered to my office and no one will tell me why
4 Likes

yeah if you’re playing black eagles and mostly using your starting characters for what they’re naturally good at, edelgard is the only one who can tank for shit and it makes her incredibly useful in the early-mid game

i love how (at least in month 2 or 3, whichever i’m on) all the regular goons have an intense desire to get murdered by edelgard & constantly rush her only to get one-shot by a counter hit. i have to pull her away from the front lines so she doesn’t soak up all the exp lol

Ah a true Fire Emblem problem. There’s at least one unit that makes this a problem in every FE game.

1 Like

is it worth sticking with a class until you master it or should i be moving on to intermediates when i hit lv10? the bonuses for the beginner classes seem kind of mediocre but i’ve only played like one other FE game so idk what i’m doing

in my experience the mastery bonuses from the basic and intermediate classes are not worth sticking around for, but the +5 HP from mastering the starting “noble” class is really valuable early on and the mastery abilities from the advanced and master classes (which you’ll want to stay in anyway) are great

2 Likes

Edelgard step on my throat

I keep reading ‘eldegarde’ as ‘edgelord’.

That’s it.

That’s my thread contribution.

5 Likes

I would honestly recommend this game to anyone who was looking forward to playing dragon quest on switch, it has a lot more of the same appeal than you would expect from one of these

also while Caspar is probably the worst black eagle (he’s too fragile for a melee character even though he’s one of the only units whose stat growth is naturally suitable for one of the late game master classes which can otherwise be hard to split the difference on), Ferdinand is great as long as you put him on a horse. Dude has sensitive feet.

Ferd is not downright terrible but being the only guy on a horse mostly just makes him go alone on the front lines and die

Here is him and Edelgard fighting the same guy with training weapons

I think the most efficient way to play FE is to let the best characters soak up experience and replace the weaker ones / dead ones with late joiners. I’ve never been able to play that way though! I grow too attached to them!

that’s definitely the best way to play tactics ogre but in this case I found my early units eventually outperformed most of the late joiners with some exceptions

(Catherine is incredible and parries every fucking thing)

good job getting Lys though

oh and in fairness, pretty much none of your melee characters do well against heavy armoured guys when they start showing up, you just don’t notice that at first because edelgard

1 Like

“as you can see, Bandit (Lv7) represents the fire emblem fan base”

2 Likes

Speaking of Ferd vs Edelgard, I liked this exchange:

1 Like

3 Likes

it has been brought to my attention that in the french version of the game, the death knight – and for all I know all dark knights in all media – is called the chevalier macabre and I can’t believe @Tuxedo would deny us this knowledge

4 Likes

btw I am now “considering changing some of my master classed units back to their advanced classes because I miss the mastery bonus from the old class” hours into this game

a lot of the master classes are very situational or aren’t straight upgrades!

lmao i managed to kick the death knight’s ass in chapter 4 which is making all this dialogue about how much of a threat they are kind of hilarious

yeah that’s one of the easier chances

the last third or so of the game has actually been pretty hard again which is a pleasant surprise! I think I’m like 2-3 months from the end and even the late paralogues (which require you to have recruited weird permutations of characters like Ferdinand + Lysithea) have been pretty head scratching.

I’ve been damning it with faint praise but it really is good