E3

even calling it “prime 4” seems pretty wrongfooted, I wonder if there’s anyone who argued against that

I mean it’s not even a prime number

12 Likes

Many of the more recent zelds were bad to mediocre too, so I think it’s the DONK talking

1 Like

I could see myself rolling the dice on the 3DS Metroid game, maybe. Can’t say I’m all that jazzed about Prime 4 though.

Prime 4 is just like, after all this time away, that’s all you could think of doing with the series?

1 Like

I guess

“Ha ha new Metroid (that’s not as bad as Other M)” has been a wishful sort of joke for years now during E3 or Nintendo events and now that there is a new Metroid it’s like… Okay. :shrug:

Gotta be honest, I didn’t expect “bc everyone has opinion and subjectivity idoit” was the sort of argument anyone here would make. I’m open to the possibility of what a fourth Prime could be, but going by precedents and how tonally wrong Prime 3 was I can’t graduate my emotions to the level of Excited. I’d be happy to be wrong about all this

1 Like

I haven’t watched any of the Metroid stuff yet. Echoes was my favorite Prime. Post-Fusion is so over ripe with potential. Are there no writers/designers that want to approach that?! I’d like to think that kind of bold new return would be well received, but maybe they fear some level of “What did they do to Samus?” or “This isn’t quite the rehash I hoped for”.

mario looks good
metroid started going downhill after 2

yeah i said it fight me

5 Likes

1 Like

MARIO 2006 is a menu simulator with a geocaching mini game? (Thread)

1 Like

switch is now the best family console out there

botw for moms
kirby and yoshi for kids
DONK for daddies

4 Likes

microsoft: we are literally powerless to do anything about your accusations that our conferences are insanely awkward
sony: same, but check out these sitars i guess
ubisoft: we aren’t going to have aisha tyler make bad jokes this year, but a dude is gonna cry real tears on stage
devolver: check out how we are going to playfully subvert the idea that our conferences are awkward by making a conference that is deliberately awkward
nintendo: we wrote a jazz song that both literally and figuratively describes our new mario game

6 Likes

Put a menu in your game and they’ll call it menu simulator

I’m just like, still mind blown by Nintendo looking at all the other pressers and going “Hold my beer”

Donking and Nazi-killing on the same day?

God is real

If they were going to outsource Metroid to somebody, I wish it could have ended up in the hands of Platinum Games. They trusted them with Star Fox.

That said, the classic Metroid games have always had the problem that the exploration is more memorable than the combat. Fighting Ridley in Super Metroid, the last real ‘boss’ you face, is basically just jamming your Missiles down his throat and finishing him off with charge shots. I don’t like the trailer making it seem that melee is common, or even required, for some fights, but it’s worthwhile to experiment with what has traditionally been Metroid’s second greatest weakness, next to the Ice Beam. Ha. Ha.

As a person who is stoked for parrying in most games, parrying in M2rm is a terrible decision. It changes the feel of the game entirely. I wonder if she still moves like a tank or if she’s agile now.

please no

this isn’t a problem, weakness, or accident.

1. why
  2. they just assisted with Zero
  3. everyone hated Zero

This is horrifying.

Instead of being stuck in a quagmire of enemies that are essentially inconsequential but in practice time-consuming, whether you are good at defeating them or not, I’d rather have the exploration of each area of Metroid flower into an impressive boss fight which puts a capstone on the experience. I want to reach out into the dark and feel myself grow stronger in a test of arms in addition to a test of my current jump height.