DUnC

do rules mean nothing?

4 Likes

I really hate how much this trailer reminded me of video games.

1 Like

I’ve always gone back and forth on whether to read Dune. Some of the concepts like the environmentalism and giant immortal worm dictators appeal to me but not sure if it’s worth the time. Is now the time to DUnC?

2 Likes

I’ll give the counter-opinion to Tigress and say that Dune is very worth reading because it is a competent adventure novel packed with fun ideas, and I couldn’t get through more than like 2 or 3 chapters of Messiah’s pseudophilosophical pontification before giving up, there’s no knife fights or anything and I don’t need to read a whole extra novel to tell me that burning the galaxy in the fires of a space jihad is probably a bad thing

10 Likes

I read Dune for the dumbest possible reason: because I wanted to see how much lore the board game Twilight Imperium ripped out of it. I had a good time with it! The ecology stuff is legitimately cool and it gets the amount of time in the story that you’d want it to. There are even some nifty sci-fi concepts that still somehow feel fresh (thinking about the way the bene gesserit manipulate culture).

Like, the book is seriously problematic in a very 60’s way, but it’s a good read and it’s nice to get the references afterwards.

4 Likes
2 Likes

It is very nice to understand all the DUnC references And to do Tom Browkaw voice about DunC.

https://www.flophousepodcast.com/2015/06/episode-180-cbgb/

10:55

extrapolating from this

video of SanFran 2020, set to Blade Runner 2049 bgm, that new Dunc'in Donuts trailer shows our world in 20…25? Villeneuve could probably use more colors, but then it wouldn’t fit our future timeline. Someone let Villeneuve do a future world reboot so we get this world back on track again…

3 Likes

If anyone has an idea for a microbudget movie set in a nightmare future, now’s the time to shoot it.

Or if clicking the “shitty colorgrading” button in Premiere is too much effort

2 Likes

night of the comet already got the jump on that. someone film a retro 80s remake in the next week quick!!

4 Likes

I have a script about a bad male actor, his wife who is a better actor, and their cat who is a cat, going on a roadtrip from SoCal to NorCal in the hopes of being irradiated (their reasons undisclosed, but Important questions are raised). Most of the movie will be them driving in silence and listening to two classic episodes of This American Life.

9 Likes

And then there’s me who read all of Herbert’s books, then like 6 of the prequel things his son wrote, I was so into it when I was a teenager. Probably none of them ever needed to be written, though.

2 Likes
9 Likes

I hope robert pattinson doesn’t die of covid so they can get him to play the sting character so we can have a rematch from the king

3 Likes

wait fuck is pattinson in the king too

ok i guess i’ll watch that finally

He does a French accent. It’s amazing.

1 Like

It’s also clear that like 85% of the motive to make the movie was “I want to film medieval combat as informed by all the new wisdom of experimental archaeologists and youtube HEMA guys”

Movie fuckin rules

1 Like

when you realize you have denis villeneuve’s entire color palette in front of you

28 Likes

25 Likes

D:

3 Likes