DRWHO

i just watched episode 9 and uh i haven’t seen Solaris yet but was that Solaris

1 Like

i froget

1 Like
2 Likes

the wildest part of the new episode was brexit leading to the dissolution of UNIT also thank god they didn’t kill him i was about to be so pissed

3 Likes

Yeah, that was… an interesting decision. UNIT being headquartered in Geneva and all.

That episode mostly bored me. I feel like this is the Hillary Clinton era of the show, when I was hoping for AOC.

The Kaleidoscope thing – there’s been a lot of noise about the recovery, and I’ve not dug in deep on this (been distracted with… other things), but it’s to my understanding that the quality of the recordings, compared to what’s already in hand, isn’t quite as significant as it’s been stated. There’s been some chat about this on Roobarb’s, but that place annoys me with its rum-tum middle aged bloke chumminess, so it takes some effort for me to sift through.

The thing Ayers says about the episode starts and ends it the main takeaway. Lots of the previous episode audios have chopped away the original titles or end, and often the reprises or cliffhangers. In most cases these can be reconstructed. In some early episodes, though, the reprises were performed a second time. So those are now as original. The overall actual sound quality is pretty much of the same level as it was; at times a little better, at times a little worse.

Having the technically-complete episodes, without needing to rebuild them, is good, though.

I always thought Sacha Dhawan would be a good casting choice as the doctor, so yeah, I should have seen that twist coming.

I expect it’s meant as kind of a trial run in the same way as Michelle Gomez.

He is great, though. I’ve liked him a bunch in other things.

Still haven’t seen this episode because I feel such inertia after the last eleven of the things. Maybe I will someday.

i got to have some jelly babies the other day. They’re alright.

I dunno if i want to watch this show again after the episode about how Amazon is good

4 Likes

literally the episode I stopped watching

it was so vile

2 Likes

I couldn’t remember why I bailed

They asked that same writer back this year.

The Fans, being the waggling scrotal amygdala shamblers they are, have been talking obsessively about him as an obvious successor to Chibnall to run the whole goddamned show. In much the way they used to about Gareth “Trannies are just homophobic gay men” Roberts and Mark Gatiss.

Like. I’d repressed memory of his return until you mentioned the episode, but that’s the reason I’ve been so reluctant to watch this year’s series. I can almost forgive an astonishing oversight like that, the once, even with all the other questionable elements of that run in hindsight. But the fact that they asked the writer back for a second go says to me, they’re not only not learning; they’re doubling down. And I’m just not interested in subjecting myself to that.

So, like. I guess a second episode aired over the weekend. I’m so not interested in anything other than the prospect of watching Sacha Dhawan. He being so ingratiating makes him perfect for the part, and such an interesting follow-up to Gomez—in principle. But, a James Bond pastiche? More Chibnall scripting? What sounds like “gotcha” reveal writing where the only draw is the fact of a thing?

I guess some people call that plot.

Like? Do these episodes have anything to say? Anything worth hearing? Or are they still in that weird centrist do-nothing, stand-for-nothing zone of series 11?

1 Like

The “he’s a little cheesy” line tonight was a weird echo of the disco dog talk about K9 back in that Tennant episode.

1 Like

Iirc Mickey called Captain Jack “cheesy” back during Eccleston’s run so I assumed it was a callback to that.

Jo Martin was really good I thought!

2 Likes

To which he pretended not to know 21st-century slang. “But ‘bad’ means good, am I right?”

1 Like
1 Like

Ace
Romana 2
Clara
Bill
Sarah Jane
Donna
Jo
Nyssa
Leela
Turlough

1 Like

I’d add Kameleon to the top to be a jerk and Wilifred pretty far up sincerely but otherwise this is pretty sound.

Except Clara

I’ll defend Turlough till the day the reaper drags me straight to hell

2 Likes

Funny, that.

2 Likes