dope concept art

i love concept art. post your favorite videogame concept art itt. can be schematic/mechanical design/area and environment design/character concepts, etc.

here’s a cute drawing of the save couch from fumito ueda’s ico concept art to start

vjk4g

also here’s akihiko yoshida’s cute concept art of an (unused) white mage design for alma from final fantasy tactics

22 Likes

Mushihimesama

14 Likes

If I saw this concept art of Sonic 2 when I was younger my mind would’ve exploded imagining all these “lost levels” and how the time travel would work and stuff. I’d be lost in my own imagination for whole weeks

This Klonoa concept art I think was thrown around for the first game? I think it eventually became Leorina in Lunatea’s Veil (the PS2 sequel) and it makes me so sad that it was changed so much because I feel this is absolutely perfect. I wanna play a game about her.

19 Likes

related to that Sonic 2 concept art I posted before:

I feel like we were robbed that the Death Egg Zone never looked anything like this in either incarnation of it

Also a bunch of Sonic sketches from Toei Animation for the SCD intro

20 Likes

i also love when character concept art for clothing and hair in particular uses this “faceless” mannequin style, as seen here on maya from parasite eve

4 Likes

Kato’s FFXI races

6 Likes

A Boy and His Blob

The remake, that is.

Shadow of the Colossus

Silent Hill: Cold Heart

This was before they added the characters from the original Silent Hill game and called it Shattered Memories.

And this is from after it became Shattered Memories. (There are several pieces that I like but this one of Lisa Garland is my favorite.)

9 Likes

Love Hontani’s Grandia work.

Justine!!! I might’ve liked a build on this Feena concept over the, more typically cute final (which does appeal to a Nadia-likeness).

fiena2

charaboard_jas03

comparisontable

Bolder Blonde Sue

Charaboard_sue02

13 Likes

SOMA

Dead Space 2

[Untitled]

The next game by Playdead.

6 Likes

There are Panzer Dragon guidebooks (1, Zwei (“Die Welt von Panzer Dragoon Zwei”), couldn’t find one for Saga) that have bits of concept art and hi-res model/environment renders mixed in.

9 Likes

two of my favorite from ff tactics. ramza’s heretic armor is still an all-time best chara design

8 Likes

i love how cheeked up he is here

female archer is also fab

bonus: galbadia bears logo for ff8

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 5.13.34 PM

12 Likes

i liked the sci fi book cover marathon concept art

and this guy

marinedrwg

14 Likes

has been my background/wallpaper on everything for (what I now realize has been) more than a decade

6 Likes

the guild wars series always showed environmental concept art (along with a title card) whenever it loaded a new area instance. often the most exciting thing about discovering a location was just seeing what the new loading screen would look like

10 Likes

guild wars loading screens are such a good rebuttal to people who claim that photobashing isn’t good

3 Likes

oh yeah, right?

i was admiring the single photographic wheel included in this piece of concept art; whereas every other cog is a crude sketch

(suffice it to say nothing in the game ever looked as cool as this stuff)

2 Likes

Falcom Classics II (Saturn)

7 Likes

the character designs in black survival just go stupid hard

10 Likes

Do you think those pants were 50% off

3 Likes