dope concept art

if you’re talking about fiora’s the answer seems to be no, given this alternative skin of hers

Jill Valentine for RE1

Also some of the stuff for Metal Gear Ac!d is phenomenal, especially the various Snake colourways.

13 Likes

some 90s kaneko girls

smt1 heroine

smt2 beth

p2 maya

10 Likes

I really like Amano’s stuff for Front Mission. In my mind he’s a very proficient fantasy designer so it’s fun to see him tackle near-future mecha themes:

15 Likes

This asset disc had Rhapsody art in PSD format on it, so I opened one and noticed it had a second layer which I disabled. Apparently, the artist drew the girl on the bottom right with only four fingers and then they just photoshopped in the additional finger on both hands.

eta:

The emblems from Ogre Battle 64:

6 Likes

just occurred to me how funny it is that “conceptual art” and “concept art” are such different things

5 Likes

tetsuhiko kikuchi’s original concept art for marina from mischief makers

7 Likes

Concept art for SaGa Frontier 2.

7 Likes

Concept art for Capcom’s Red Dead Revolver.

2 Likes

Concept art for Parappa 3.

BULLDO~1 LIVROO~1 LIVROO~2

11 Likes

The art for Skies of Arcadia when it was first announced.

Sketches from the production of ICO for character movement, environments, and cut scenes.

The filename for this was “WHOAREU”.

I found this “history of Final Fantasy” folder on some Sony disc and it had a bunch of huge images of the FF logos up to IX. I just noticed that there’s a dragon head in the “F” in Final in the FF2 and 3 logos.

Random Kazuma Kaneko stuff:

I’m not sure how this art got out, but it was for the NPC mercenaries in Ragnarok Online. People thought the guy with the sword was going to be a playable berserker class before the reveal of what it actually was.

re202 Leon_jacket xJJlR4e 5fhds

I love whoever the artist for RE1 and 2 was.

19 Likes

jill valentine

I’m always thinking about these Jill Valentine sketches.

9 Likes

10 Likes

Cannot see Rebecca’s bottle as anything other than a can of mace.

2 Likes

6 Likes

The concept art for Resident Evil 0 was really, uhh, something.

Guy in the lavender vest was supposed to be Edward Dewey.

These costumes were unused, unfortunately.

13 Likes

9 Likes

God these are so funny. I really like that era of like ‘98-‘02ish concept art where a lot of traditional artists started switching over to digital process for concept art and started throwing out all this gaudy airbrush work.

8 Likes

What’re those from?