my dreams come true, the dog thread…

8 Likes

how did we make it to 2024 without this thread

4 Likes

sweater sadie and sadie dreaming of warmer days

17 Likes

11 Likes

11 Likes

Best thread ever. One day I hope to join your ranks and be able to post a pooch of my own.

3 Likes

there was a fella i always saw walking a pair of irish wolfhounds in my old neighborhood and i always imagined they both went back upstairs to their apartment and laid down on their own individual couches

7 Likes

My sister’s adorable dope

14 Likes

My grandparents had an Irish wolfhound when I was a little kid, Rufus. One of the gentlest dogs I’ve ever met. (The story with them is that after all the wolves in Ireland were killed off, the wolfhounds also disappeared in a few generations, and then a crazy English army officer “recreated” the breed by interbreeding Scottish Deerhounds and Great Danes, as well as a single borzoi and a Tibetan Kyi Apso.)

Our Wooly Idiots (Harley on left, Sebastian on right):

10 Likes

the first time i met irish wolfhounds was because this pair used to come into the palo alto location of my work all the time, which i never had shifts at but i had to visit to pick up paychecks or like have meetings, and i was OBSESSED with them because no wolfhounds fucking came to our sunnyvale location, and i said if they ever have at-home boarding for the wolfhounds i wanna do it next i wanna hang out with them in their natural habitat

AND I GOT TO and those people had the most elaborate sex dungeon ive seen outside of the fucking sf armory, but it was still better cuz it didnt have a live shooting range AND it had two irish wolfhounds

theres one around here that i see by the post office sometimes but ive never talked to it

OH WHEN I LIVED AT THE HORRIBLE ABUSIVE KENNEL (because i got super cheap rent if i took care of the dogs overnight nad i was the only one actually taking care of the dogs so i stuck iwth it for like year or so) there was an irish wolfhound who would board sometimes and id bring it into our tiny apartment becuase it was just so fucking funny to have it minotaur in a china shop around my trash hut

11 Likes

I had the galling temerity to piss with the door closed and the absolute shade he threw while Sarah McLachlan wept in the background…

16 Likes

My mom’s lovable dope

14 Likes

Photobombed by the family dog (~1989)

15 Likes