Discourse/SB2 Protips

Oh, so hang on. I’m slow. The forum is built on Discourse? That makes sense. I hadn’t really been paying attention, but I knew it sounded familiar. It’s by one of the two guys who did this:

http://www.aderack.com/game-maker/index.php?title=Crystal_Quest:_Thal's_Quest_for_the_Crystals

I’ve had him on my Twitter feed for a few years now, and he keeps yammering about this project of his. So, this is what that is. Interesting…

@azurelore that link is broken

can we move the non-PROTIPS to another thread plssss

Hm. Link works for me…

Maybe try this?

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /game-maker/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Both links working fine here.

Looks like you’re probably in a blocked IP range. Let me know your IP (or the first couple of parts of it) and I’ll see how it compares to my htaccess file.

I’m in AS46375 : 198.27.128.0/17

Roger. Will compare when I get home.

Yeah, that falls into a blocked IP range. I must have been getting some suspicious traffic from a neighbor of yours. I’ve commented that out now…

I still miss phpbb :frowning2:

how do I make the emojis not enormous I hate that :frowning2: :frowning2: :frowning2:

You just need to hack it a little.

why are post numbers usually orange but sometimes grey?

Depends on how you’re tracking it.

Orange is new+unread, grey is just unread.

Maybe saying grey is unread but not new is clearer.

oh cool! what about when the total post count is orange or grey or grey-orange?

Hmmm. I’ve never noticed tha before. I assume just popularity? Like, some kind of view/post/time formula.

:doomdie:

1 Like

is there a way to make emojis not huge just for me?

yeah, if you’re willing to use something like stylish to override your own browser CSS