DEVIL MAY CRY 😈

Very much, I’ve had borderline thoughts stirring from all the Sekiro discussion. That’s more grounded in the flow enemy placement and overarching level design of those games, some reservation - but anyone now developing a taste for that kind of involved action, may want to revisit or explore the DMCs, Ninja Gaiden 00’s 1-2, Bayonetta, etc.

3 is still kind of my best concentration for move complexity and application toward enemies/bosses, oh and making over the top cutscenes an art. Original NA is my jam

1 Like

Trickster is cool! and the great thing about the styles is that you can ultimately pick the one you like best. and the game holds up amazingly, no matter which you choose.

But for me, personally; I didn’t need more than jumping and the basic role, to evade. The game plays so precise, you don’t need special evasive moves. and I prefer being able to dig deep on the melee. Its like all of those years playing beat-em ups in the 90’s, barrel aged into something near perfect.

1 Like

2 Likes

13 Likes

2 Likes

That certainly would have kept me guessing longer than two minutes.

1 Like

Would you say this is worth the $20 on steam BF sale for someone whose character action ranking is Ninja Gaiden Black > Bayonetta > DMC?

If it has any weight in the decision, I like the Devil Trigger song a lot.

I would say that there are some things in all of those games I stan, but by far Devil May Cry is the nost verbose. All three characters have wildly different spacing and control options, including dante getting more weapons like usual.

Bayonetta has more charm if you like hideous spider-legged women like I do, and Ninja Gaiden’s cheapness goes both ways in combat.

1 Like

There’s more than enough stuff to mess around with that I’d take the plunge.

2 Likes

oh god yuck

3 Likes

Oh man of course Dante is a black shirt red tie guy

3 Likes

Along with letting you now switch styles as well as your full arsenal of weapons mid-combat the DMC3 Switch port will also let you play co-op in Bloody Palace. This is not even through the secret co-op you could originally do with Doppelganger but you can now actually have one player control Dante while the other is Vergil and being able to load them both from separate save files:

Comes out February 20.

6 Likes

we’re entering an era of puddles and wet pavement

6 Likes

1998 colored lighting = 2020 puddles

I would love it if ray traced puddles became this generation’s bloom. I want to see raytraced goopy water too.

Someone make a Poltergeist 3 game with ray traced goopy water.

4 Likes
2 Likes