i got brown noted by the destiny loading screen when i had e coli

And that was with the presence of the Prime Engram glitch that could be exploited to get powerful engram drops at a higher rate than intended, which is nuts.

didnā€™t watch any of the worldā€™s first stuff but if itā€™s significantly longer than kingā€™s fall, damn

(very light raid spoilers so donā€™t click if you want to be completely blind) but a good topical reaction from ya boi datto https://clips.twitch.tv/RockyArtisticCardFrankerZ

Yeah, at the rate I playā€¦ I feel like I wouldnā€™t even be ready to attempt the raid for weeks. And I havenā€™t even started playing forsaken yet.

I did see dattoā€™s team get the clear and it was pretty exciting and put me in a mood to play destiny, but some of the other stuff (slow grind to raid, exotics running dry) is warding me off. are you playing much now on PS4 @Sakurina? is anybody (@bib) ?

1 Like

Iā€™ve had a busy week so I couldnā€™t really play even if I wanted to, but Iā€™m taking my time with the endgame stuff. Iā€™ve got about half the quest to unlock The Dreaming City done.

Iā€™m not a fan of the system they have going on where around ~520 power, powerful loot drops stop being of equal value, and activities in The Dreaming City give more significant jumps in power than those that arenā€™t. Dreaming City activities in general arenā€™t as solo-friendly as what there is to do on other destinations, so thatā€™s part of the reason I donā€™t feel like Iā€™m in a hurry to unlock it.

Infusion costs being higher is also a major pain. I havenā€™t infused anything at all yet because I donā€™t even have enough cores to infuse a full set of gear. If a masterwork item drops for me, itā€™s generally at higher power than whatever I currently have, so Iā€™m left with the awkward choice between keeping it to raise my power level or dismantling it for cores.

Gambit is really fun though and power level not mattering means I can use whatever great loadout I want from my Year 1 collection without worrying about infusion costs

1 Like

Against my better judgement I picked this up and have been playing on PS4. Unlike the previous dlc, it doesnā€™t feel like a chore! I think I have two more story missions to do, so maybe thatā€™ll change.

1 Like

yeah iā€™m playing off and on, one of my buds is around too most of the time. enjoying it a lot and gambit is awesome so far, though iā€™m not letting myself go into full destiny mode until dq winds down so i canā€™t comment on the long-term grind yet

so, uh, iā€™m low-key thinking about switching to pc help

4/5 last wish completes recommend an FOV slider

1 Like

destiny releasing on PC is the worst thing to happen to pmod

2 Likes

i was just thinking it seems unlikely those of us on console are gonna be playing together soon

(it would be cool if we like tried to delegate a weekly time for destiny-ing maybe?)

then again i donā€™t wanna get all those exotics again, but with infusion being so high it seems like starting from scratch might not matter as much.

i completely agree that pc release kinda wrecked us though

iā€™m still salty about it every day

uh if we did want to set up a weekly orbit hangout or something iā€™d be down

I was messing around with the copy I got from Humble Bundle and because Cayde-6 has been removed from the towns you canā€™t unlock the Patrols mission type anymore. The two solutions given by Bungie are to either hit the max level cap of 50 and then level up once more to trigger Patrols to unlock or you can buy Forsaken and play the first few missions which afterwards will trigger Patrols to unlock.

I would never have known patrols even existed if I didnā€™t get an Eververse bounty for completing patrols and realize the public events I was doing werenā€™t counting for it.

I donā€™t know about scheduling a slot because it would be tricky to find something that works every week for me, but Iā€™m definitely down to jump into Gambit or accompany on story missions on one of my alt characters or something pretty much any time as long as Iā€™m not in the middle of something

Iā€™m similar in that I probably canā€™t commit to a regular time, but if you see me online just invite me to whatever!

Gambit is really fun! But man I hate that announcer!

I nearly got this yesterday but spent the money on pizza instead and then slept. But yeah, I would love to try figure out a regular play time for ps4 folks.

4 Likes

I also nearly got this but saw that Iā€™d need to cough up an additional 20 bucks for the Y1 DLC :frowning:

a field of view (pc) VERSUS a field of friends (PS4)

farm wisely.

(anyway this cost twice as much as I thought it would but I sent off an invoice earlier and want to reward myself for doing the thing I sent the invoice for so Iā€™m downloading this now!)

5 Likes

no one told me this was a 35gb downloadā€¦

1 Like

shoot, well iā€™ll probably be dippin in on ps4 by the weekend. still pretty thick in dragon quest though.