i got brown noted by the destiny loading screen when i had e coli

they’re giving away a jacket to anyone finishing the raid before the reset, with a couple of pals of mine who’ve been grinding away in the late 530s and i believe this is where most streamers are i think this might be the first one that isn’t completed day one? assuming the final bosses are 570 and/or there’s a brutal dps check like dogs or val caour

So, do the light levels come out to “finish the story” mode for normal and sadistic mode for prestige after the cap goes up with a small expansion? My partner was disappointed that we have to get a team of six together to finish the story because she’s really into it.

usually yeah, in the past they’ve also quietly raised the soft cap a couple of weeks in

though the raids generally aren’t the kind of thing you can just come back to at a significantly higher light with fewer than six players, they’ve made a point of making sure the mechanics require a full team since crota’s end was easier to solo

can someone tell me what the grind is like in this at the moment? i’m probably going to jump back in after i finish dqxi but can’t really get an answer beyond “it’s really good!!!” out of anyone i know preparing for the raid release, is there a variety of compelling stuff to do or are we back on ‘grind strikes until the number is high enough to unlock the fun bit’? how’s crucible?

1 Like

everything of streamers i’ve seen this week has been lots of time in the blind well, strikes, and gambit. you need multiple masterwork cores for infusion but masterworks aren’t dropping any more than usual. i think the grind is good for the people who enjoyed the destiny 1 grind but it doesn’t look too appealing to me at a cursory glance?

1 Like

Yeah, having revisited D1 last month it’s an overcorrection imo.

I do think while you’re in the early goings the high cost of infusion is a good compromise between TTK’s obsoleting of Y1 gear and the D2 Y1 habit of just infusing up to level with your favorite stuff. I wouldn’t have played around with the Tangled Shore blues if they hadn’t made me, but I could still keep Whisper or Tractor Cannon up to snuff for the big boys.

Blind Well is a little less dynamic than EP because it’s in a boring arena, but I suspect they’re going to change it on a cycle here soon. (“The Evolution of the Dreaming City” on the roadmap.) I didn’t completely appreciate the anarchic feel of EP until switching - the good news is that EP is a breezy 3-person activity now like PoE was before the Taken Spring. Bounties are a PITA to pick up and keep track of (let us track four!) but the challenges née milestones seem more plentiful.

it’ll be easier in a couple of weeks anyway if only for having iron banner and trials available

Isn’t Trials taking the season off? Did they reverse that?

no, that’s correct. no trials this season while they rework it.

Phew. OK. Gotta work on the crew. I am doing my darndest to tithe my clan XP to PMOD!

In general though, if you’re a True Doom Bungie Head in exile, you should hit up Ishtar Collective dot net. Looking at you @shrug :smiley:

ah, didn’t know this

it’d be cool if they went back to 3v3

The raid environment is beautiful.

4th encounter is 575 light , so guessing there are 5 encounters?

I’ve seen 575 enemies on the field after an encounter with 580 ogres so who the fuck knows what’s happening there, I had to stop watching the stream to go drinking with coworkers so I can’t add more than that

what is it with taken raids being long as fuck

16 hours and still no clear!!!

They should really have a truce at this point. Five hours ago people were getting mean.

Turns out it’s just datto, Gladd and co were chill up to the end

i think datto was fine. anyone is gonna get a little testy after playing a video game for 24 hours and make an offhand comment here and there. the most toxicity was in the chat because people like to stir up drama. the people playing were focused on, well, trying to complete the raid.

anyway, they’re the third group in the world to have even finished as of this posting, so good on them!

An interesting statistic: 37k people finished kings fall on launch day, last wish was finished by 18.

Armchair take: raid looks really cool but this is a bit of an over correction imo