i got brown noted by the destiny loading screen when i had e coli

i completed escalation protocol at ~350
after going to the trouble of getting nine people into the same instance lol

progression and levelling in this dlc sucks, i got burned out on pve running the old raids enough times to get high enough to clear spire of stars

yeah playing with 9 people doesnt mean you did it at 350 it means you got fucking carried

sounds like you need to get a new hobby though, destiny is for people with lives im pretty sure

fuckin’ harsh

3 Likes

it makes my brain hurt to think that nightfall is still 280 but heroic strikes are 350

1 Like

they’re trying to figure out how to rebalance the nightfall by testing teh heroic strikes because people tend to do tehm more i have no idea how bungie works at all though

Nah, the actual reason why Nightfall is at the lower power level is because there’s an achievement for beating the Nightfall, and if they increased the power level to something reasonable for current expansion players, vanilla D2 owners would be prevented from getting that achievement and they would fail console certification

It makes sense on paper but it’s dumb considering Nightfall is meant to be harder than heroic

we’ve found the bungie employee everyone!

i saw slayerage and co were struggling to get halfway through escalation protocol with three at max light so maybe grinding like an mmorpg player isn’t the best strat after all

do hope it’s a prelude to more big public events and 6 player patrols

1 Like

nah just another programmer

i like how that void pulse rifle that stunk real hard at the start is now really freakin great

i’m pretty sure the axion bolts that pop off from it count as ability kills, which means if you have the warlock tree that makes enemies explode with your abilities, you get a lot of explosions

i didn’t test this thoroughly but i took out like a four cabal dogs with one shot the other day in a poppin chain-burst of purple and was like “oh that’s real good”

1 Like

they beat the final encounter of the raid lair in 4 minutes though because the IKELOS shotgun is apparently ridiculously broken

I always thought that exotic was intentionally skewed towards mostly being useful at clearing trash mobs and not much else because they gave it to you early in the campaign

Apparently Grimoire has been retconned to being “folklore” and therefore not necessarily canon whereas the comic books nobody read are Actually Canon even though they contradict flavour text on items in D2

So glad I never cared about the story

I don’t know why Bungie can’t get their shit together on the story. Do they have a bunch of squirrels take care of that or what. Where are the writers. They have one of the largest, most expensive studios in the world and they can’t produce cohesive .txt files? Give me a break

2 Likes

and the sniper is a legendary darci, seems like these are the Weapons To Get

i preferred the story when i had little to no idea what was going on, honestly

I really like the scavenger hunts and escalation protocol.

I think they could make patrol zones the best part of the game if they wanted to.

I’m the person who thinks Destiny 1’s pared-back fragmentary story was a) the best thing ever and b) largely driven by studio management to return to a legacy Bungie tone (i.e., one of the things Jason Jones wanted changed when they table-flipped D1).

Given how much Destiny 2 overreacts to audience pleasing with the narrative, and how it stuffs badly-written jokes into every available earhole at every available second, and how that would clash with my imagined studio heads who desired the pared-back vision, I think they’re in a spot where they don’t have strong leadership for how the story should play.

Resulting in a lot of second-guessing and public reversals.

3 Likes

disinterested peter dinklage was still better than nolan north’s ghost at any point.

our characters also used to talk, which was something i actually liked a lot. now they’re cartoonish mutes, and the game even rubs salt in the wound by making snide “oh, you can’t talk!” jokes multiple times.

The “oh you can’t talk” jokes land really well for me as a fan of Doom guy and Master Chief but I get that the wisecracking robots ruin the mood.

1 Like

the kind of delivery you can only get from disinterested prestige tv actors is a cornerstone of the destiny 1 aesthetic

8 Likes

any successor to ‘the last word’ should be called ‘the wrong word’ as a tribute to where the emphases land in most of the v.o.

1 Like

Lunafaction Boots
Mechanical Changes—Rift reload is automatic instead of being activated on entry/exit. Empowering Rift makes weapons more effective at extended ranges.
Players having to dip in and out of the Rift to reload their weapons was not consistent with other Rift effects, particularly with the overshield effect on Healing Rift. It’s been made automatic to be easier to understand and use. As this is a more offensive choice in terms of Rift Exotics, we also wanted to further reward players who want to double down with Empowering Rift instead of playing it safe with Healing Rift.

nice

1 Like