i got brown noted by the destiny loading screen when i had e coli

I got Darci and Tractor Cannon masterworks so I’m a happy camper. Darci with a stability boost feels really special. I saved all of the vanilla exotic quests for now on one of my characters and screamed with delight when Drang dropped as a masterwork with an extended magazine. Saving up all of the spring patches for this was a good call.

If you get all of the data fragments (little round targets) there are two big story things that made me feel better about wasting a worm god on a trivial story mission:

Elie Bray is the Exo Stranger and Exos were created using Vex tech from Ishtar at Clovis Bray.

I have come around to thinking the writing should be mostly opaque and peripheral. Just let me have my wise cracking robots.

When my group gets down to one person during heroic strikes or escalation protocol we chant “Vigilance Wing! Vigilance Wing!” like Coach McGuirk says “DVD!” in the Home Movies episode where he tries to stay awake to get paid for a sleep study.

Basically,

Wtf I love Destiny now

yeah masterwork darci is great
looking forward to comfortably one-phasing all of the raid bosses with that and the new lunafaction boots

bungie seem to be better at making weapons feel powerful than they have been since ~taken king anyway

still wish d2 had a (legendary) fatebringer equivalent

Oh, hey, is empowering rift the way to go for warlocks in escalation protocol? Ours is so attached to healing that they’ve literally only played as Mercy in Overwatch.

yeah
and have someone debuff the bosses with tractor cannon and melting point

1 Like

i ditched my warlock after durandal expansion and my striker is AMAZING in pvp, i wish ihad time for two characters but i havent even got my light over 350 yet because all of a sudden i have a life

like ive only done the first two raid lairs a handful of times, i feel like i only really have time for pvp lately

we are very mean in crucible if you see us GET TEABAGGED

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46925

hmm

I wouldn’t necessarily read much into it; like '80s Japan, money is pouring out of Chinese net companies with nowhere to go and it’s finding its way into western game studios. Tencent has huge stakes in half the industry because they can’t park their money anywhere more reasonable.

So far these companies have been hands-off.

1 Like

Worst case Tencent buys you and then immediately rips off your game on mobile.

i am not ready to spend the entire summer being trickle fed about this fall expansion that promises a return to form and then just ends up being more of the same old half-baked stuff but with more bad writing

there’s some cool, promising stuff in warmind after the admittedly awful campaign, i feel way more optimistic about the game than i did when osiris came out anyway

just some interesting trivia as i was perusing artstation:

the crucible map vostok in d2 was built before rise of iron apparently, so it wasn’t d2 that was reusing roi content, it was roi that was reusing d2 content. they used all the snowy environment shaders/materials to build the iron temple and that first stage of the campaign.

Introducing our new PvE/PvP mixed mode bounty hunt from titanfall 2 gambit

ok so the pull quotes are “why not three shotguns” and “more anime”

typical bungie
one step forward, one step back

i will say this took me out of “completely ignore” firmly into “hmmm.” territory.

1 Like

shame about the release date mind

looks good, mass shader deletion as a marquee feature

since we don’t really play together anymore though i don’t know if i can justify the asking price for a game that’s just an occasional drop-in for me.

also this “annual” pass thing leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth.

Yeah, if we could actually get the band back together, I would be down for it, but I still haven’t even seen enough of us around to try the first raid layer, so :frowning: