Destiny Come On Already

That SIVA-enhanced SUROS gun we get to see in the stream because deej falls off the edge of the map and kill planes weren’t active looks hella sexy

[quote]
During our recent visit to Bungie for our cover story on Destiny: Rise of Iron, the development team shared a number of new additions to the game. While the focus for this expansion is on new content rather than reinventing game systems, one particular new feature really stood out. Artifacts are getting a major retrofit.

While players can still use and infuse older artifacts, Rise of Iron introduces eight brand new artifacts that are class agnostic, and able to be freely used with any class and subclass. Each of the new artifacts connects to a particular member of the deceased Iron Lords, such as Felwinter, Jolder, or Skorri.

Each of these artifacts has a game-changing ability attached to it. One offers the option to melee enemy units and gain their allegiance for a short time. A second artifact eliminates your super, but gives you two grenades, two melees, and an increase in all your stats. Each of the artifacts can be combined with exotic weapons and armor, as well as subclasses, to create new and interesting build options. Moreover, every one of the new artifacts is meant to evoke the character of the Iron Lord for which it is named. For instance, Jolder tended to charge headlong into danger, so her artifact eliminates the sprint recharge delay. [/quote]

hmm

1 Like

I mean I guess it’s better than the current effect of artifacts which is nullpointerexception

oh yes this is the kind of dumb shit i live for, i love it

more stuff:

[quote]8 new class-agnostic artifacts that allow for special buffs to characters
Memory of Radeghast: adds a new ability for sword heavy weapons to reflect projectiles, including ogre blasts and crucible rockets.
Memory of Perun: adds ability to highlight guardians with full super in yellow, and guardians with low health in red.
Memory of Jolder: removes sprint cooldown
Memory of Silmar: dramatically reduces any damage dealt by DoT effects (such as Thorn poison).
Memory of Felwinter: lose your super, but gain an extra grenade and melee, and boost to all stats.
Memory of Gheleon: gain detailed radar at all times, including when aiming a primary (grants precision radar and third eye).
Memory of Skorri: speeds super recharge for all nearby allies.
Memory of Timur: Melee an enemy for a chance to make them an ally for a short time.

The Iron Lord armor set will come from a Rise of Iron Record Book
IB reinvented, 4 new maps. No more tempered, less rep needed overall. No more rep bonuses from gear.
Radiant Treasures: Confirmed Microtransactions for Ornaments. Radiant Treasures seem to be the new version of Sterling Treasure. Obtainable on a weekly basis for completing goals and then also through Eververse.
Bungie HINTS AT CUSTOM MATCHES, aka the feature "Our community has been clammoring for."
New Faction (NM, FWC, DO) armor sets, sparrows, ghost shells.
Thorn is getting a quest to obtain it, just like Gjallarhorn.
The Kvostov 7G-0X is a new exotic auto rifle with a fire mode selector. It can basically be a scout, pulse, Suros Regime, or bullet hose. Also acquired from a quest.
Sepiks prime is back as Sepiks Perfected . And The Summoning Pits will be the Abomination Heist .
New Cruicible mode - “Supremacy” - kill enemies to make them drop a crest. Your team only scores if someone (you or a teammate) picks up that crest. Enemy team members can also pick up the crest to deny your score, but they won’t gain any points themselves.
“Archon’s Forge” - basically new Court of Oryx. They have adjusted the summoned encounters to last longer --“around five minutes” and the drops used to summon the various possible difficulties come from Patrol.
PS Exlusive Map - Finally, this year’s PlayStation exclusive map is Icarus, a solar-collection site on Mercury. The arena is the raised structure at the center of the much larger crater-like array. Its circular shape inevitably funnels into furious conflagrations at the center.
every class item that has ever shown up in Destiny is returning to circulation with the exception of items from previous raids
Class Items can change color via shader
All Year Two weapons and armor can be infused to Rise Of Iron stats[/quote]

I was hoping they’d allow to just keep through Rise of Iron and save the real gear reset for “Destiny 2”, looks like my dream came true

A few more goodies are mentioned in Datto’s recap:

Seems like a good expansion but it kinda seems low on content with just 5 missions? We’ll see I guess…

I just hope crucible is better because it’s unplayable dogshit right now

& that the horde mode thing is more interesting than prison of elders

I dunno I don’t feel like the meta is that bad? Would be nice if Grasp of Malok got nerfed a bit but otherwise pretty much anything feels viable; maybe this only applies to scrub league crucible?

(rip handcannons tho)

i don’t think I’ve been killed by anything besides shotguns / snipers / supers / sticky grenades in a while, it’s a “if it doesn’t kill instantly don’t use it” meta and I really miss having primary fights

if they fixed this somehow (another reduction in special ammo maybe?) i agree that the primary game is well balanced, maybe buff handcannons a bit or put the usable roll on a vendor

1 Like

luke smith talked about vog on some stream https://www.twitch.tv/stackupdotorg/v/82385280

i didn’t watch this and don’t know if it’s interesting but everyone loves vog

@idiot I think it works, I’m just plain ole’ @rye here though. should probably change that up.

I paid my dues for this today and whelp, see you in september i guess!

i like luke smith, i’ll have to check that thing out maybe.

I’m watching this right now and it feels like a step up from the raidalong, maybe because more time has elapsed since the raid came out and they aren’t as tight lipped about it anymore to preserve mystery

Does the PC version have a date yet?

No and don’t be silly

Lots of juicy tidbits in this one: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/08/10/three-days-exploring-destiny-rise-of-iron.aspx

they’re bringing the house of wolves treasure key thing back as a way to get guaranteed strike-specific loot, so maybe imago loop with firefly+rifled barrel+outlaw is a thing you could realistically get this time? maybe?

also curious if full int/str/dis builds are possible with the new numbers

edit: who cares about all that nerd shit, more importantly:

1 Like

You can now choose one of three packages on faction rank up: weapons, armor, and chroma armor (lol)

What. Am I supposed to play a FPS with a controller?!

Please

1 Like