David Cage's Adventures in Android Apartheid (Detroit: Become Human Demo)

I liked Until Dawn, but it’s pretty bad until the first couple leaves the house to find the cabin.

I assumed that Until Dawn’s appeal was that the writing was excruciating/so-stupid-its-fun but the narrative design was actually solid.

Plz Stop calling them David Cage games when they aren’t made with David Cage plz

This comes out at the end of the month! So hype!
Gonna watch the SBF playthrough day one

3 Likes

6 Likes

Saw this screenshot on Tumblr today; somebody else added “Press triangle to Martin Luther King Jr”

3 Likes

Press X to Cry Freedom

I am ready to set aside all personal lived experience for D. Cage and his boldly original vision of humanity.

D. Cage games not only require the Death of the Author, but the Death of the Viewer as well.

9 Likes

david cage having the level of industrial resources and critical acclaim he has is the game equivalent of neil breen directing 100 million dollar, golden globe winning films. which is to say: games > film

2 Likes

3 Likes

About four hours in. This is definitely the most restrained D. Cage game (especially compared to the exhausting insanity of Beyond: Two Souls), but it still takes more structural/creative risks than the good but unfairly overrated Until Dawn, which is only ever brought up by people after a D. Cage game is mentioned, and every game Supermassive made after is so uniformly shit as to never be mentioned at all. Quantic Dream, at least, is consistently improving, and uncompromising as a studio.

This is also gorgeous enough that it’s easier to overlook the dumb writing and take it as a pure sensory experience, and so far the choice branches have surprised me more than Until Dawn’s simplistic death conditions, only one per character afaik.

I think it has plenty of time to lose me so I won’t commit to dying on this hill yet.

2 Likes

Shittalk nu-Cage all you want but once upon a time he put Bowie and Iman in Omikron and put himself in a parody dancing bonus video for IP.

4 Likes

I mean he also modeled a nude Ellen Page without her permission.

6 Likes

Good Review.

1 Like

Pointing out that David Cage does not exist in the same universe as normal human beings is both lazier and more obvious than anything he’s ever done.

Like, if there weren’t anybody enabling you by discourse, there had to be a point since Heavy Rain where you would’ve simply gotten bored with this narrative. No shit he’s an idiot and a hack and a clown manbaby, but also, so what? How can that satisfy you?

Why are you so eager to leap to David Cage’s defense?

2 Likes

Dumping on Cage is one of life’s good pastimes sorry

7 Likes

He made a boneheaded game that thunkingly does not understand modern and historic struggles and persecution of minorities.

Also I have been with Tulpa and Brooks dunking on Cage and it was a great time would dunk again. The only joy to elicit from his games.

4 Likes

all these old posters coming back to sb and we even got a icy clambo homunculus

4 Likes

In b4 the Kojima comparison

1 Like

David Cage is outsider art.

See also: Being There.